Diesel Place banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I almost bought a 07' 2500 crew cab short box several months ago when they had the 07' rebates. I held off because I couldn't find the color I wanted. Well, GM has the $3500 discount going right now and it got my attention. I made the drive out to James Wood GMC in Denton, TX and test drove a 3500 Crew cab 4x4 dually. I'm currently driving an 05' f350 crew cab long bed and I was really impressed with the ride of the dually! The allison and the Duramax are an awesome combination! The salesman and I went back inside and located the exact truck I wanted within 600 miles. He made the trade and it should be here in the next couple of days! It's a fully loaded-nav., sunroof, rear sliding window, rear entertainment, everything! In fact, it has a back up alarm (sure it will be disconnected)! I can't wait to get the truck. This will be my first personal dually to drive on a daily basis. I had a company truck that was a dually but didn't drive it that much. Hopefully it will become second nature! Add me to the dually club! Hats off to GM for a great truck. I've had three Powerstrokes over the past years and I'm making the change. Duramax BABY!

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Welcome to the DARK SIDE!! You'll love every minute of that truck, I sure as hell do!! I used to plow with Dodges, pulled landscape trailers with my Fords, but always drove a Chevy or GMC for a personal vehicle. Now I've got them all in one! Good luck, man...post up some pics when you get her!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Sweet buddy! Sounds like a really nice truck. Good choice with the black, I love mine in black and am extremely glad I went with that color.

Post some pics when you get your new rig. Congrats!

·
Registered
199 Posts
The back up alarm it think you will like. It sounds off in the truck if you get to close to something when backing up.
Lots of things can hide from sight with that big boy.

·
Registered
219 Posts
There is a switch to turn off the backup alarm. You don't have to disconnect it. Congrats on that sweet truck.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Congrats, I love mine. Funny I too had three powerstrokes 99,03 and 05. I doubt you and I are the only ship jumpers out there:rolleyes:. You will love your truck, GM crams so many nice perks into their trucks. You should notice a lot quicker acceleration response from a stop over the SD( way less hesitation) and wait until it gets broken in a little and feel the great acceleration up through the gears. Not ragging on my SD's because I really did enjoy owning them (well, maybe not the 03 so much). Research just told me that at least for now GM is on top of the heap with their diesel product. Great truck:D.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Congrats on the new like everyone said, Post some pics when you get it and goodluck with your D-max.:welcome2:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Congrats on your new ride.
I traded my 05 350 on this truck.
Glad I stepped up.

·
Registered
122 Posts
New Truck

Congratulations on the New Truck, you will Love it, Enjoy The Site!

2007 Silverado 2500 HD LT Ext Cab SB/Black Ext/Ebony Int/ LMM Diesel

·
Registered
71 Posts
Congratulations on the new truck! When my company was looking into acquisition of a heavy duty vehicle we carefully examined the three main bands. GM won hands down, especially with the Duramax Diesel. We were so impressed that we standardized our fleet to GM's Duramax. I doubt you will ever be disappointed in your purchase!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts