Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well with a big help from 04forme, we installed the complete ATS upgrades in my transmission last night. My ally looked a lot better inside than I thought it would. Wasnt near as hard and didnt take too long at all. Took us 6 hours start to finish for everthing,(still have a few wires on the co-pilot to install. So far I am very happy with it.

Shifts like it should of out of the factory and accelarates hard!! I would like to thank 04forme, again and also Dmaxallitech and Mike L for the advice.
Edited by: White Duramax

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Congrats and let the force be with you. Oh ya, wipe that sh!t eaten grin off, cause i know ya got one, i've been there and the grin is still there.

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
Raymond

Kenny is really going to be one of the good ones when it comes to the Allys. He is an enthusiast, he owns a Duramax, he is as anal about things as i am.
Kenny that was a compliment. Now all i have to do is put him and Joe Webb together. Joe's gona like this kid, I do.

mike

·
Registered
704 Posts
That's great news. Things really get fun once you stop worrying about the Allison. So at 6 hours, I take it you were in a shop with a lift? Lucky.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks for the compliment Guys! I Think
Hey Raymond, My co pilot seems to be getting better now. I Wonder if it was the State Troopers speeding ticket or the wreckless driving Warning that scared it into working
. I take it you made it back to Indy last night or should I say this Morning,After Being in my Shop?
Ill let you know when I will tackle mine and you can help,Its not the parts I cant afford its the dang test drive tickets
Later........

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I made it back fine and the tranny is doing great. Yea, I think it must have been the ticket that got the co-pilot going, glad my co-pilot is working, or maybe it is a bad thing, cause it could give me a nice ticket now without the speed limiter! Let me know when your ready for the hard parts. Amric, yes, 04forme has a tranny shop and we did it on a lift and the tranny on a stand. I would reccomed Kenny for any of you guys that need tranny work done. He is out of New Castle, Indiana.

Yes I do have a sh*t eatin grin, what do you expect!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Raymond- didn't expect anything less.
Now your one step closer to being ready for Muncie

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea, I finally have the major part done. Now I just need to build some traction bars and a new hitch.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update, well I have put several hundred miles on the tranny now and I couldnt be happier. With the co-pilot off, the shifts are very stock like, now turn the co-pilot on and say byby de-fuel. I went to the track the other night, with the co-pilot in race mode and t/h engaged, I couldnt ask for any better shifts. Now all I need is more power!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Trippin,

Your fingers as well as your truck are faster than mine...

·
Registered
718 Posts
Hey white Duramax, How do you get by your speed governor with the co-pilot? I thought you had to program your CPU for that...I have a Co-Pilot on my ATS, but I think it makes my tranny shift too hard, especially into 4th or 5th.... I'd like to know if it really can bypass my speeed gov though!

Thanks,

Jason

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
How do you have your Co-Pilot adjusted? Sub level all the way to the right. Base level all the way to the left. These are the settings for soft shifts. I can send you the Co-Pilot instructions if you like. You need to splice the orange and brown wires from the Co-Pilot into the yellow wire coming out of pin 27 on the TCM harness located just to the left of the radiator. Brown wire to the TCM. Orange wire to the harness. Then your speedo will go to 95ish and just hang there as you accelerate past it.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Thank you very much Trippin! I think I have mine set at sublevel and base levels both to the left. I had it trip my check engine light coming back from ATS to nebraska and I've been kind of afraid to mess with it much. Thanks for the bypass info! I'll be doing it very soon.

Jason

·
Registered
718 Posts
Also Trippin, What did you use to make the splice? Just plain butt-connectors and heat shrink wrap?

Jason

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
On my splice into the speed sensor wire, I used male and female spades, that way it can be unhooked and hooked back up like factory very easily. Trippin is right, on your main level all the way to the left is soft and all the way to the right is firm. On the sub level all the way to the left brings on firmer shifts with less boost, the more to the right you move this the more boost it takes to bring on the firm shifts.

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
MaxFarmer said:
Thank you very much Trippin! I think I have mine set at sublevel and base levels both to the left. I had it trip my check engine light coming back from ATS to nebraska and I've been kind of afraid to mess with it much. Thanks for the bypass info! I'll be doing it very soon.

Jason

Ditto on the spade connectors. I wanted to be able to remove it in the future for a trip to the dealer if need be.

You were driving back from ATS? Did they do the install?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts