Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a 2000 Harley Edition Crew Cab..stock eaton...

so he said.

anyways..we only romped on it for a few seconds..

well my damn tranny holds me back..but we were close!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yeah, those will give you a run for your money till u get your tranny done.
they run 0-60 in high fives low six's.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I thought the H-D versions were slower than the L's? I though I remembered them running high 14's, low 15's and 60mph in around 7-7.5 secs.

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
340 h.p. I think its pretty bad that Ford needs a bolted on blower to get the same #'s that GM's 6.0 H.O. had been making for years.

The only difference between the lightning and the H.D is the blower pulley is I'm not mistaken. I think its like .5" difference.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
340 h.p. I think its pretty bad that Ford needs a bolted on blower to get the same #'s that GM's 6.0 H.O. had been making for years.

The only difference between the lightning and the H.D is the blower pulley is I'm not mistaken. I think its like .5" difference.
I think the hd replaced the lightning. Otherwise same truck, different name. Probably right about blower pully. I think the lightning was 340 hp and the hd was 390hp....

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I think the hd replaced the lightning. Otherwise same truck, different name. Probably right about blower pully. I think the lightning was 340 hp and the hd was 390hp....
In '99 the lightning had 360hp and then 380hp every year after that. The Harley trucks were always 340hp IIRC.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
I never would have guessed they would have gone for less hp in the HD edition

Isn't it still better to have more?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ford needs the blower because its a 5.4 vs. a 6.0....so chevy has more cubes!!!

anyways..the reason we only went for a few sec cause of the smokey bear at the light before ours,lol

on the highway i was slaughter'd thouhg...his shut down at 122...i could only hit 112

Wait til the tranny is done, the juice becomes a Hot OJ and the Predator gets stacked!!!

Got Traction?lol

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
Ford needs the blower because its a 5.4 vs. a 6.0....so chevy has more cubes!!!

Not that many more cubes. 330 vs. 364 is not that much difference. Two totally different types of engines. SOHC vs. OHV. One's designed for high revving h.p. and one's more or less more torquey down low. Ford chokes through 4 cats whereas GM only uses 2. I have seen a Cali Mustang 4.6 with 6 cats. 3 each side. Thats F#ckin rediculous if you ask me. Ford really benefits from aftermarket tunes. I think the EPA tunes all their computers actually. GM's computers are generally tuned quite aggressively from the factory. Alot more than Fords anyways. I'm not bangin on Ford because I own one.

Anyone remember....I think it was truck trend....???? About a year or so ago where they compared the Ford Lightning to the Silverado SS to the Dodge Ram SRT-10. Not even a comparison in my book. A supercharged 5.4 against a N.A. 6.0 H.O., vs. a V10 ? Not quite fair. The Chevy did hold his own quite well IIRC.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the Joe Gibbs edition silverado is badazz

4.8 w/ a magna charger making 395hp!! arr arr arr..

I can't wait til chevy makes the SS Colorado..

LS2 ina colorado..3800lbs w/ a 390+ hp engine..oh yeah!!! (i forget how much the LS2 makes)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.