Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I want to avoid another castrol incident, so which fuel filter would you recommend, just replaced it with a dealers last time, but I assume there is probably better ones around. Also is 10k too large an interval for changing it?

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
There is only one OE filter made by Racor/Parker that is rebaged by many ....

Mac

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Call me overcautious, but I prefer to change my factory fuel filter every 6,000 miles or every other oil change. My 02 has 60,000+ miles on it, with about 35,000 of those in Mexico and Guatemala where you never know what you are getting for fuel. Truck has never been to the dealer for a engine or trans problem. It actually will go the first time tomorrow to have my mega filter plumbed in (been on the truck 4 months, never got time to plumb it) pre factory as my GMC service manager wants to view the installation and will not give me any warranty hassles if he plumbs it. With all the injector problems discussed and the notorious lack of clean diesel generally available, changing the fuel filter every 6,000 miles is very cheap insurance. Takes me about 10 minutes to change it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts