Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
989 Posts
I use the Baldwin oil filter. Baldwin is an excellent choice (My opinion). I have cut one open and looks to be of good quality. The Baldwin part has one of the better specs with regard to filtration. The $7 price is a good one. What internet side are you going to?

With regard to fuel filters, at this point it appears as if Racor makes the only OEM type fuel filter. Racor just relabels their product for use by other filter manufactures. (A good source for the fuel filters in your State of Texas is Diesel Injection Services. Try www.dieselpage.com which is their website. Their prices may be slightly lower than the $27 you mention.)

I would not go more than 10K miles without changing the fuel filter (my opinion). It really depends on the quality of fuel you purchase. I have changed fuel filters at 8K and 5K miles. In both cases the filters were clean inside (no rust) and each more useful life left. However, I have seen pictures posted where a 7K mile filter was rusted severely inside (an indication of water being present). Maybe for the first time or so, cut one of your old ones open to get a feel for the condition.

A thought, inspect the filters you purchase for rust. Return immediately if any significant quantities are found.Edited by: OC_DMAX

· Registered
989 Posts
FYI - the black OEM filter for sure is made by Champion. I cut it apart a year and a half ago and found the name Champion written in several places. The filter was well constructed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.