Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like I learn something new from this site everyday, Really curious if anyone that is using the FILTERMAG for the fuel filter, has ever cut open the filter to see if it actually had metal particles collected? I can see how you might expect to see this with it attached to the Oil filter, but their Website doesn't list it for use on a Fuel Filter. Seems like the secondary 2 Micron fuel filter would be able to filter this? Hey if it works,,,,I guess I will be getting Magnets for the Oil, Transmission, and Fuel Filters

·
Registered
421 Posts
The transmission already has one.

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
yes there are pictures posted on the forum. do a search for "filtermag" i just did and got many results. they do work.

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Even with my exceptionally clean source fuel, here's a peek at a 5,250 mile filter can.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Has anyone ever put a filtermag on a post oem fuel filter to see how much it will attract???

Bob

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
I have one on my secondary, but I also on have one on my OE unit.

Next service, I'll be pulling both fuel filters even though the secondary has a LOT of miles left on it as I will be testing a new filter. I'll see what the inside of the Mega looks like then.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WOW! I need to order these, Can't believe there would be so much metals in Diesel Fuel, this seems like it could be an issue if this gunk makes it past the Filter(s).

·
Registered
145 Posts
It would be interesting to run this on just an OEM filter to see how much it would be picking up ( or scarry ), but when my new truck arrives I will be installing a Nicktane system, and it looks like I need to make another purchase now.
"Filtermag"

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Makes you wonder what they filter Diesel Fuel with at the refineries,,,,,Potato sacks????????????????????????

·
Registered
394 Posts
Re: Potato sacks.. That IS the problem! Diesel fuel filtration cutoff is 30 microns when it leaves the refinery. THEN after diesel fuel leaves the refinery it flows through literally miles of steel pipe, through steel transfer valves and is pumped by steel pumps.. Duhhh. Now we know why one of the major abrasive components in diesel fuel is steel! I have done numerous "with and without Fitlermag" particle counts and particles have been cut in half with the filtermag.
It makes perfect sense that one of our most significant contaminants is steel/iron as it is THE medium which diesel fuel sees along with corroded/rusted steel storage tanks! I have since installed Filtermags on my fuel filters..
George Morrison, STLE CLSEdited by: Georgecls

1 - 11 of 11 Posts