Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a contact at GM that gave me the following prices on filters...

fuel filter list price is 35.19 and your cost will be 25.87,

oil filter 14.96 your price 11.00 ,

trans filter (spin-on) list is 21.23 your price 15.12 , internal filter list for 37.23 and your price is 26.52

So are these prices good or not?

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
No. Fuel filter.. Boxed as fram, but identical to oem.. 18.00ea

Oil filter, 10.00 ea

SPin filter, 8.00 ea

Shipping is free....

see my best prices link.

Eric

·
Registered
514 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Lightning

If I was you I would check around locally for an authorized Allison dealer (Detroit Diesel usually is) for your Alli needs. I found a Detroit Diesel dealer in Coburg OR that had Alli spin ons for $7.10ea. Also Oregon Fuel Injection http://www.o-f-i.com/ has Racor OEM filters for $19.35. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Don't tell me all you guys missed Auto Zone's STP filter sale last weekend?
They had ST9100's on sale for $1.99.
Edited by: Pick

·
Registered
242 Posts
I didn't miss it, but found it by luck. Needed a filter and they told me if I bought 2 they were 1.99, but if I bought 1 it was regular price. I bought all 8 they had. Gave some to the neighbor with a Dmax.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Who makes the STP oil (?) filters?? Caution to the wind when using cheap filters ... The Duramax makes a tremendous amount of oil pressure,which could result in a failed filter ...

MAC

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Mackin said:
Who makes the STP oil (?) filters?? Caution to the wind when using cheap filters ... The Duramax makes a tremendous amount of oil pressure,which could result in a failed filter ...

MAC
I think they sell them around here in the Dollar Store

·
Registered
540 Posts
I'm not sure who makes them but a $1.99 for a 40k truck??

Not for me.

·
Registered
994 Posts
The STP filter for the DMAX is manufactured by Champion. Champion also manufactures the "black" OEM that came with the new truck. Are they the same inside? Don't know that answer.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
I used to work at an A/Z part time, we had filter comparisons done and the Duetch filter performed better then the STP.. Not on my truck, I would rather run a Fram.

·
Registered
168 Posts
STP filters are made by Luber Finer. They are good filters.

·
Registered
994 Posts
The mechanical construction is the same. I would suspect that the price difference is in the quality of the filter media. You would be surprised at the number "brands" that Champion builds filter for.

I'll stick with the Baldwin B1441.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
If the STP is truly a Champion and made identical to the stock filter.... that's a great deal and a good filter!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts