Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
adding a secondary fuel filter to my truck (C5500) and I'm going with the same setup as the Nicktane... bought all the parts separately myself (would have bought the Nicktane kit but was afraid of duties, etc as I live in Canada). My question is which side of the filter head is the inlet side? Does the filter work from the inside out or the outside in? Does the fuel come in through the middle of the filter and then get pushed thru and then out? Or does it come in from the outside, and filter towards the middle, and then straight up and out?

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
it goes from the outside in and up... if you look at the head from the front the inlet is on the left side...

Nick

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the help Nick

appreciate it

James

·
Registered
541 Posts
Nick

You stated in another post that some had mounted the filter head on the frame rail and used a short filter. That is what I need to do to filter the OEM and aux tank. I assume the filter head is threaded and will accept barb type fittings for hose and clamp connections. If so, do you sell the head and short filter and what is the price? If not, do you know the CAT part number of the head and short filter. I have looked on their web site and can't determine the correct parts. Thanks.

Tom

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Tom,

Some others have made a different bracket and mounted the filter under the frame rail. AFAIK only the short filter fits w/o hanging a bit below the frame. the cat head has -6 O-ring BOSS fittings. you can adapt the to barb, yes. i do have filter heads, but no short filters. almost any cat dealer should have the parts in stock and cat dealers are everywhere. the CAT head is 1N-3789 and the short filter is 1R-0750. you'll need a -6 BOSS to 1/2" Barb straight for each side i believe.

Nick

·
Registered
541 Posts
Thanks for the info Nick. It's good to have someone around that has the answers.

Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts