Diesel Place banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 with the Black molded flares and I would like to get straight white flares on there to dress it up a little bite and body have pros/cons or good bad idea and then if its a descent idea where/what company to order/pickup from????:)

Thank You,
Kelli

·
Registered
107 Posts
Masonary Girl? Curious what "masonary" means? Is that like "missionary"?

Anyway, I did the same thing when I ordered my truck 3 years ago, I wouldn't accept the delivery until the dealer replaced the black fender flares with the painted ones. It makes the truck look so much better IMHO. Con is the they are plastic and painted! If you drive in any rocky places, they chip fairly easily. I have a few chips after 3 years, but I do not drive in rocky areas frequently. I still have the old black ones if anyone is interested, they have maybe 2 miles one them!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
specialagentPK,
I'm in the masonry industry too. I'm on the West Coast. Never heard it called "masonary". Masonry yes! Must be a mid-West thing. Thanks for clarifying. I didn't want to comment on block work if she was doing missionary work.

Thanks

·
Registered
82 Posts
Right now I'm in the process of doing the same thing. Just picked up a set of smooth flares and am trying to find a good place to get them painted (red). Luckily with white you have a few more options. You might be able to find a set of factory white take offs which would save you the painting cost.

I picked the smooth flares up for $175 shipped. PM me if you want more info.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I just did the opposite to mine. I had the painted ones and changed to the textured black ones!

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
I just did the opposite to mine. I had the painted ones and changed to the textured black ones!
want to sell your old ones? I would like to be first in line.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I just bought a set of white ones for my truck off ebay. $75 + $25 for shipping. I'm suppose to get them tomorrow. :ro) I took the black textured ones off yesterday and that alone was a huge improvement to the look of the truck.

I only needed the front two since I have the dually so that save me a little coin.

·
Registered
107 Posts
gearhead, PM sent.

Thanks

·
Banned
2,530 Posts
I got mine on ebay and painted them too. White flares on a black truck will look different...maybe add some white doors with stars to thow people off:)

It might look real good, I have a bud with an 02 in Indigo blue with silver birch flares, it looks good...

·
Registered
107 Posts
BlueOX, she has a white truck!

Masonary Girl, another thing I remembered, if you are as anal as I am, I had the plastic rivits painted at the same time, because I have seen others that use the black rivets and it doesn't look very nice IMHO.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Gearhead, PM sent.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
specialagentPK,
I'm in the masonry industry too. I'm on the West Coast. Never heard it called "masonary". Masonry yes! Must be a mid-West thing. Thanks for clarifying. I didn't want to comment on block work if she was doing missionary work.

Thanks
When I was picking my Screen name about 5-6years ago the real spelling was taken so.....here we are with "Masonary"girl" and yes it is because I pour concrete and Lay Block not much brick and a lot of the Lick em' and stick em' stuff at the time now its just side work (cash money).

·
Registered
107 Posts
It is always great GREAT to see women in this profession, any profession for that matter. I hope our opinion about the fender flares have been helpful.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It is always great GREAT to see women in this profession, any profession for that matter. I hope our opinion about the fender flares have been helpful.
Yea I Had a pretty good idea of what I wanted before posting this reply this is just a really good back up for what I thought! thanks for everything!

Always open for new opinions
Kelli:grd:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts