Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure where to go with this, but I couldn't find anything in search. One of my remote keys seems to have developed a problem; it works only a part of the time now. Replacing the battery didn't make any difference. The second works OK. Also have replaced 2 lock\unlock relays in the past 6 months, now 1 is bad again. Are these problems related, and any ideas? Where to buy a relay without going to the stealer? The Standard replacement relays don't seem to be holding up. Thanks

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Remote must be faulty if the other works all the time .

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Puffer;1594481; said:
Remote must be faulty if the other works all the time .
That's what I was thinking. Has anybody replaced one? Any idea about cost? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I had a friend lose one and it was around a hundred Canadian to replace it .

·
Registered
51 Posts
Match the part number on ebay - I have bought them for under $10. There are procedures here on this site to program it to your truck.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Open up the remote and clean the contacts that the rubber buttons make contact with. Contact cleaner is best but rubbing alcohol works too. Also clean the small black rubber spot on the button itself.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
mfendley;1598566; said:
Match the part number on ebay - I have bought them for under $10. There are procedures here on this site to program it to your truck.
Where do I find the part #? Thanks

Found it hiding behind a dealer's name tag.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rpidelt;1598824; said:
Open up the remote and clean the contacts that the rubber buttons make contact with. Contact cleaner is best but rubbing alcohol works too. Also clean the small black rubber spot on the button itself.
I tried that, but I guess I am puzzled as to how the rubber makes contact at all as it's usually non-conductive.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:( The reprogramming instructions in the Do-It-Yourself section seem to be incomplete. Does anyone have them they could send me? Thanks.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I couldn't get the reprogramming to work; it wouldn't go into the reprogramming mode. Any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:confused: Still have this problem. Anybody have any fresh ideas? Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts