Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one would you get?

kyle

·
Registered
302 Posts
I bought the Kennedy single pump and glad I did.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Kennedy Diesel.

I can hear the FASS over the noise of the Cummins... :eek:

I didn't want to hear it on my '06... Or my '04...

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I have a FULL FASS and like it.

My FASS is not loud and I don't have the 1/4 tank issue. If you worried about the "LOUD" FASS - they just released thier new "Quiet" pumps.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
turbo lcc;1568042; said:
If you worried about the "LOUD" FASS - they just released thier new "Quiet" pumps.
You're right. I remember reading that not too long ago. I have no problems with the FASS, just that it is noisy.

If I were to do it over again, I'd have put the KD pumps on it, though.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Still on the Dodge.

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Duramaxallison08,

The FASS systems are now so quiet you can't hear them if the engine is running, even on a stock truck!! I am not that up on John's pump but the FASS provides excellent filtration and removes entrapped air in the fuel that no other system does. It improves the efficiency of the injection system and protects the injectors from trash as small as 3 microns if my memory on the filter is right too. They are not cheap but they get you more "features" other than just fuel supply alone. If you have questions on them call us Monday!!

Mark @ DPPI

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
I have had no problems with the Kennedy duals. They look awesome in addition.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
which one would i get more smoke out of?

Kyle

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im getting EFI live this summer...

Kyle

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Duramaxallison08;1569676; said:
which one would i get more smoke out of?

Kyle
My brother's LB7 has a FASS and it works well but it sounds like a can opener. His rolls the smoke.

I have the JK duals with a Napa filter between them and they're awesome - no noise at all.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
I have had both styles and the FASS is the one that can keep up with my Extreme tune. If you are going to go that aggressive get the FASS, if you stay at the Edge Juice or similar level either one will work. To get the benefits that Mark Craig mentioned before you need to get the complete system with the filters. I have the pump only on my truck running into a Racor with a two micron filter.

Mark

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Any metal gear/vane/gerotor etc pump will not only make more noice, but they also generate metailic wear particles that need to be filtered out. Lubricity additives will also be "consumed" by this style pump and restriction will be high if and when they fail.

I cannot say that my pumps are infallible, but the results spek for themselves. VERY few issues and 2 year warranty.

For the guy wanting more smoke, NEITHER is the answer. Let the rail psi drop and the pulse will extend producing tons of smoke, wasted fuel, etc...

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yea....i think im going to get the fass pump....and yea...for the tuner...im sellin my edge this summer and gettin EFI live...:ro)

Kyle

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Kennedy;1571337; said:
Any metal gear/vane/gerotor etc pump will not only make more noice, but they also generate metailic wear particles that need to be filtered out. Lubricity additives will also be "consumed" by this style pump and restriction will be high if and when they fail.

I cannot say that my pumps are infallible, but the results spek for themselves. VERY few issues and 2 year warranty.
:rolleyes: Come on now, how many failures have you seen caused by lift pumps? They are pre filter anyway in most cases. It is true that there will be a restriction if they fail because I have experienced it with a Holley pump. I have yet to see a FASS pump fail and the warranty is up to six years now if you fill out and return the card. The noise issue not an issue any more either.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.