Diesel Place banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
This year the show runs from Feb 14th to the 17th. I plan to be there each day and I think I have 4 extra tickets for Thrusday night if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Hey Scott, are you guys going to have the new tractor there?

·
Registered
93 Posts
The new tractor will not be done for a while. Engler is working on the chassis now, so i'm hoping to have it in my shop sometime in March. Then we have to go from a bare chassis to a complete tractor. I'm hoping I get to run it some later this summer, but it just depends on how spring goes and how ambitious we get! We will have the other tractor (Barely Gettin By) down there to run on Wednesday.

Are you the guy that bought my brother-in-laws d-max?

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Yep that's me. His truck sure has worked out good for me. Drew never has gotten a ride in it yet.

Good luck on Wed. Are you driving the BGB tractor? Don't the Wishmeier's(sp) own it? I know you guys go to the pulls together though.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yes, Steve & Beth Wischmeier own the BGB tractor. I work for Steve and Beth - I take care of getting all the loads and dispatching for their trucking company. I did drive their tractor a couple times this summer, but Steve will be driving it at the NFMS. We share a shop, crew and semi-trailer for both tractors. If you see us down there stop by -- we will be there all week and we sit in section 132 for all 5 sessions of the pull.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Guys, do I have a snowball's chance at gettin' a couple of tickets to the friday night or saturday afternoon pull? If I do, please help...never been to a Louisville pull.

·
Registered
93 Posts
During the week you can usually go to Broadbent arena where the tractors are at and pick up a couple tickets. Saturday afternoon will be the easiest to get. Friday night will be a little harder, and Sat. night are very hard to find.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
I'll see if I can look you guys up Scott. We are supposed to go for the Thursday pull. We know a guy that works for Christiani, so they are supposed to be 1st or 2nd row!! I'd like to try to find some for the Sat. afternoon or night pull.

·
Gone but not forgotten member
11,313 Posts
Slick;1579878; said:
I'm not sure what day I am going yet. Depends on what day we get tickets to the pulls. I know a couple people who get tickets every year, so I have to find out what days they have left. I'll let you know.
I'm leavin' thursday morning but am going to stop @ either JIM BEAM or MAKERS MARK on the way so probably won't be there 'till night. Since there is a pull sat. afternoon maybe us few could meet @ the ex. west for a cold :beerchug: friday after lunch or something. Just throwing out a suggestion.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
I have to work Friday, so probably won't be over there that day. Inbound PM.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Exec West here I come!!!

Are any of ya'll gonna be vendors at a display anywhere?

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
i will be down there most of saturday

·
Registered
220 Posts
Well, I guess it is finished untill '08. I got a chance to got to the finals on Sat nite and had a very enjoyable time. My six tr old daughter went as well (actually both of my daughters six and three were going, but my three year old fell out of bed and broke her collar bone on Tues night/Wed morning). We got the opportunity to sit in section 110, row A! (right on the finish line & concrete barrier) Incredible seats!!! The Kentucky fair board definately puts on a good show.
I am considering purchasing seats for all sessions next year. Does anyone know who to contact to attempt to get on the "pre sale" list for tickets? I know it is a difficult process, but I have been going to the show for about 25 years (or more) straight and I'd like to step up to the next level.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
didnt make it to the pulls, but def had a good time: aways nice to see the latest and greatest farm equip. and pick up some free chew!

·
Gone but not forgotten member
11,313 Posts
G Man- There were signs at the arena about next years pulls . might call the stadium box office and see if they will still sell you some.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts