Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it is official. FANTASY will be having a diesel class next year!!!!!

It will be either street or super street from DHRA for the the first season.

If DHRA street rules incorperate safety for the next up coming season we will more then likely go with those but if they do not incorperate any safety it will be super street. (drive shaft loops, solid pulling hithch reese style, NO clevises, NO n20, no Propane. There will be at least one tech inspector at every event two total tech's for each class the rules will be strongley enforced especially safety equipment. We are going to probably try and have the weight class at 8500 for you dually guys.

Would like to have about 5-6 trucks join the club $50 per truck and $25 per driver may have up to two drivers per truck. money goes towards insurance, the year end banquet, etc. they will be keeping points for a year end points champion.
they are going to be keeping there stock class at the end of the night at some of the events. It will be a work STOCK dhra class. If there are trucks that enter and run hard they will be asked not to come back until the safety equipment is installed and asked to pull in the street/super class. the work stock class will not be at every event just the same events that they had diesel class this past season. used to be called 6,000 under and 6,000 over class and there will be no pay back in those classes just trophy. In the street/super street they are goin to be having a payback along with keeping a running points total. As soon as we have the rules set they will be posted on there web page for all to see. this is also where you will be able to see the points standings through out the next pulling season and schedule.

So we will have to see what DHRA is going to do and Fantasy will adopt those rules.

Does anybody from Badger know what they are going to be using next season fantasy would like to have very similar rules to those.

So now i need to round up some members...... After we round up a good amount of members Rob would like to sit down with us all and discuss rules and expectations for the season. And also I think if we get a good amount of trucks it will then allow us to get two hooks at everyevent rather then just the one that so many of us are use to.

This is what we have already for members.
1. myself
2. Nick Roe "shop diesel" from bellvue Ia. (i have to double check with him tomm.)
3. Guy Larson from soldiers grove WI.
4. Craig w/ his cummins from Manchester IA

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
the 8500lbs is not cool! looks like i am leaning towards badger state this year since isp is a joke. badger state has rules i can live with!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
moss022;1369066; said:
the 8500lbs is not cool! looks like i am leaning towards badger state this year since isp is a joke. badger state has rules i can live with!

Yea Rules you can live with & make sense too!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The 8500 is for the dually's in the area. there are quite a few tryin to please everybody will probably never happen. thanks for the interest and keep checking back as soon we will have rules set.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
moss022;1369066; said:
I with Moss on this one. Depending on the scale I have to run 1300lbs to 1500lbs of ballast to make 8000lbs. That is without removing my rear seat. Just taking the tailgate off and running 1/8 tank.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
not picking on anyone here, but i seen quite a few dualies pulling with the dhra with out a problem. the only truck that might have small problems are the newer fords, but come on, how many fords are going to try this?

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
I agree. 8500 lbs is a lot of weight to be lugging around. Even with my truck being a crew cab, and I'm not a small guy, I still have to put 700 lbs on the front. I can't image loading and unloading an extra 500 lbs each weekend.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
good points from all. They are going to have to decide at what point they need to put there foot down and say these are the rules we are not going to cater to anyone. WHcih leads to another point how many pounds do you guys allow for a window?

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I will join Fastasy, probably won't make every hook. Thats to many trips to the southwest corner of WI. Bagder guys can probably run 8000 and till win the 8500 class!

J/K never!

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
neversatisfiedmoto;1370790; said:
good points from all. They are going to have to decide at what point they need to put there foot down and say these are the rules we are not going to cater to anyone. WHcih leads to another point how many pounds do you guys allow for a window?
Window?? Do you mean by how much over 8000 lbs we can go? I've seen some of the guys including myself run as much as 20-30 lbs over but that's about it.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dmaxlover;1370820; said:
Window?? Do you mean by how much over 8000 lbs we can go? I've seen some of the guys including myself run as much as 20-30 lbs over but that's about it.
that sounds pretty reasonable sum brush pulls i was at this past season if you knoew the scale guy there where some that were over 200 lbs. over the limit.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
STROKE THIS DMAX;1371004; said:
There should not have been a window, badger allows(if any over) 1% 8 pounds.
1% is ridiculous. On most of the scale we were on if you creeped forward or backwards a few inches you could change the weight by 20+ lbs in some cases. I think that the 8000 lbs should be the max no matter what. If some aren't happy, they should start to carry smaller increments of weight to get as close as possible without going over to the mark.
Personally for next year I would like to see a little more enforcement at the scale. There was pulls that I could of just drove past the scale and nobody would of never known if I was over weight. I believe all the guys we pulled with are trustworthy enough to check the weight on there own truck, but if there was a assigned person that monitered every truck, I think it would make the organization a bit more professional.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
i agree with you 100%, they have tried in the past to have tech guys that don't pull cause everyone that pulls is to busy getting ready, but its hard to find guys to come to ever pull just to tech.

·
Registered
361 Posts
STROKE THIS DMAX;1371004; said:
There should not have been a window, badger allows(if any over) 1% 8 pounds.
1%=.01
.01*8000=80lbs

):h I don't think any of us ran over at all last year we just took off any weight if we were over. I am going to be sticking with Badger it should be a good time. Sounds like there is going to be more guys there:ro)

Jon

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
rule of thumb if the truck has no wieghts hanged and is stripped down good and is with in 20lbs let them run

1 - 20 of 83 Posts