Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a stock tailgate protector that they've removed and replaced with something aftermarket?

If so, are you looking for a buyer (for you factory one)?

I honked mine all up yesterday, and I would like to get a new one...

CADman_ks

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
I did the same. Have your priced it out from the stealer? You might be surprised. Sometimes things like that are reasonable. Most often they are not though

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I haven't checked with my stealer yet. I guess that I never really thought about doing the obvious.

I was just looking at putting on a stainless steel one though. I have a pewter truck, and I have a stainless bug shield, and I thought that it would add another 5.5HP to my truck if I put a SS tailgate protector on there. Chrome and stainless add HP ya know!!!
That way when I screw it up the next time, it will cost me $35 v. the $15 that a new one from the dealer costs.

cadman_ks

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
LOL, Well if you really want more HP you should add a few stickers instead. Some of those ricers with type "R' stickers etc. they must be be good for 20-20hp alone!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL!!

Can I order JUST the sticker, or do I have to get the whole programmer? That'd save me about $500!!

cadman_ks

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
The programmer is just for looks. The sticker is what gives you the real HP! Some claim upwards or 150hp and 400lbs/ft torque!! Those are the big comp stickers though. You need to know that your stock alli will not hold that kind of sticker power!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL!!

I don't think that my wife will let me "install" that much HP anyways.

cadman_ks

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
hey i can make ya a 500Hp sticker and your good to go, no upgrading the alli necessary. In regards to the tailgate protector I took a heat gun and melted mine back together. Looks good as old and i figure it wolnt be long before I do it again. ill snap a pic later.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.