Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After two 2500 HD diesels, I decided I had enough of the plastic front splash shield. They all seem to crack at the front bolt holes (they couldn't fix this design after more than a decade? For shame!) and my truck is just too nice to drill and put zip ties through it to keep the crack from spreading (of course I drilled out the root of the crack as well! Still...). I understand there are some nice aftermarket options, but I didn't see any that had the support for the coolant hose. On a whim, I purchased the GM "off-road" steel front plate. It looks like a really nice piece of hardware, which I will install this weekend. Hose supports are welded in. Here's a couple of pictures of the part, which is GM part number 23388753, "Splash Shield." I paid $119. I'll update pics after the install next week.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Wow, I never knew that was available. Looks pretty nice, is that aluminum?

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Wow, I never knew that was available. Looks pretty nice, is that aluminum?
SHIELD, UNDERBODY SPLASH(FRONT ALUMINUM SHIELD FOR GMC ALL TERRAIN)
Fitting Vehicle Options:
CK2,3(03-43-53)(GAT)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
According to Mr. Magnet, it is indeed aluminum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Installation was a piece of cake -- literally 2minutes, start to finish. Exact same bolt holes as the stock plastic piece. Coolant hose Christmas tree clip engaged in exactly the right spot, too, and just like with the stock shield, the lower radiator hose is supported upward to keep it off the anti-sway bar and steering linkage.

A highly recommended upgrade.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PS -- "Made in Canada," according to the sticker.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Installation was a piece of cake -- literally 2minutes, start to finish. Exact same bolt holes as the stock plastic piece. Coolant hose Christmas tree clip engaged in exactly the right spot, too, and just like with the stock shield, the lower radiator hose is supported upward to keep it off the anti-sway bar and steering linkage.

A highly recommended upgrade.
What year trucks does this fit?

·
Registered
5 Posts
are the bolt sizes that hold these in place the same for all years? does anyone know the bolt sizes that hold the stock plastic front skid plate?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts