Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Is there a way to use the factory fuel pump from a 2500 Yukon XL as a lift pump? I was thinking it would save me some plumbing with running bigger lines to the cp3 if I could get it to work. I'm swapping an LLY from an 05 pickup into a 2004 2500 Yukon, for reference.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
19 Posts
From what I understand, the gasoline pump is too high pressure and too low flow, especially if you mean keeping the 3/8 line. You will starve the CP3 for fuel using the 3/8 line. 1/2 inch is required for proper flow.

On mine, I kept the gas sending unit and removed the pump, modded the basket so it doesnt hold fuel, and used the 3/8 (previously output) for the return line and the stock rear sending unit and transfer pump to the stock inlet. Then i got an aluminum bulkhead fitting and installed it on the tank to a lift pump and just married it with a compression fitting to the hardline near the engine. Not sure how much the arrangement varies on 05, mine is 01/02. I think the gas sending unit holes are the same size, but a diesel sending unit for 05 is a bigger top plate so people use the 01/02 diesel sending unit if you want to gravity feed the rear tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts