Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw in one members garage here that they have installed a GM lift pump. Im wandering here, could this be plug and play? Is it comparable to aftermarket lift systems?? Any Info?? Thanks Guys!

·
Registered
302 Posts
A factory lift pump? Like the ones on the old 6.2 and 6.5 diesels? Kennedy had some fittings made up at one time to connect those lift pumps to the fuel lines of the Duramax. Probably could be wired pretty easily with and oil pressure switch.

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
wont be plug and play. Will also need to run duals I assume becasue I bet a 6.5 pump wont keep up with a hot duramax.

·
Registered
363 Posts
well, now we are back to a topic no one had much interest in. Seems like it would be handy info to have.
Specifically, how much in gal per hour do different pumps flow. Edelbrock, 160, 6.5 factory?? Kennedy?? TTS??
Same questions, not answered in "lift pump comparison" thread.
Wags

·
Registered
302 Posts
Before John came out with his lift pump kit, I priced out a kit with the 6.5 pump. I drug my feet on buying one. I drug them long enough and he came out with his current kit made specifically for the Duramax. If I recall correctly, piecing a kit togehter was cheaper, but not by a whole bunch and I would have had to wire it somehow, not just plug in a harness.

And as ratlover said, duals would probably be needed with the supply the Duramax needs.

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
I still have the pump/fittings, but the KD twin pumps are the way to go for all applications. The 6.5 pump does OK, but is really sized for a stock engine.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.