Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
What good is that? How much range does the factory keyless remote have? 50ft? Good remote starts have 2000ft+ range. If you want a good remote start check out DEI's products or astrostart. If you want headaches, buy a cheapo product. You can buy a good quality remote start with 2000 ft of range for around $100. Installation is what costs more. With the product this guy is talking about you would still need to get it installed. Plus you have to bypass the passlock security system.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Max Power,

I must have the good remotes I can open my doors from over 50 yards away. Now my wife's Tahoe has the 20' and under range that you speak of.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Max Power said:
What good is that? How much range does the factory keyless remote have? 50ft? Good remote starts have 2000ft+ range. If you want a good remote start check out DEI's products or astrostart. If you want headaches, buy a cheapo product. You can buy a good quality remote start with 2000 ft of range for around $100. Installation is what costs more. With the product this guy is talking about you would still need to get it installed. Plus you have to bypass the passlock security system.

This sounds to me like it was something "factory" that would be plugged in somewhere, THATS why I'm interested, if it just like every other remote start out there where everything needs to wired in and bypass the passlock system then i would agree with you on buying a good remote system instead but that was not the impression i got on what this guy stated???? Personally 50 ft will work for me, my driveway is not that long, in reality mine works at least 100 ft out that i know of never tried farther away...

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
No, there is nothing like that from GM. This is an aftermarket product he is talking of.

Trust me, you would wish you had more range. Remember, walls cut that down significantly!

·
Registered
4,140 Posts

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
197 feet range. That is awful. Some remote start manufacturers are up to several miles range. You can never have too much range. Mall parking lots are a good example. Especially around christmas time! Lots of people park a long way away from there vehicles at work too. Thanks for pointing that bout WanaDmxsub, I wasn't aware that GM had that availble.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts