Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
As far as I can remember, the factory alarm is part of the BCM(body control module) hence there is no way to disconnect. You could find the factory alarm disarm wire that runs into it and possibly ground it to disable, personally just leave it be.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your feedback. I should clarify, I am not talking about the lock/unlock, but the optional factory installed alarm that can be activated by the dealer when you purchase the vehicle.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
There might be a few different options. I am assuming you have an 03? What are you trying to accomplish by disconnecting it?

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
What year is your truck?

When you say the horn honks everytime you lock and unlock, you mean when you press lock it honks the horn once or contiues to honk the horn? Same for unlock?

Both of those settings and the automatic arming can be changed by your steering wheel controls and the DIC providing we are talking about an 03. I am not sure but if you do not have the steering wheel controls then the dealer would have to change it for you.

On an 03 there is no way to remove just the alarm because it is part of the bcm. You can however most like disable the functions that are annoying you.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Lightning said:
It's on a friends 2002, so he does not have the DIC. It honk with one push of the button on lock and unlock.

To the best of my knowledge there is nothing from the factory to do this. Are you sure he didn't get some kind of dealer installed alarm? I work on these things every day installing remote starts and alarms and have never seen one that does what you describe. Either way, if the dealer programmed it in they should be able to program it out.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Lightning said:
It's on a friends 2002, so he does not have the DIC. It honk with one push of the button on lock and unlock.
Hmmmm

On a 01 the "Honk" is confirmation it's locked .... One push lock lights flash,second push honk ,light flash ....

I wonder if dealer could change your setting (s) thru a Tech II ??

Mac

·
Registered
817 Posts
My 02 doesn't honk and I have my aftermarket remote start and alarm wired into the factory remote to are the OEM system.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, we did some looking around under the dash and solved the problem. There is an aftermarket, GM Accessories alarm that was installed by the dealer. Cut a few zip ties, unhook a bracket, and problem is solved.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts