Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know all about the mid 04 LLY and so forth,but on a couple of other sites there is talk about a facelift in o5. have any of you all heard any info about this?also does aany one know when the next make over might be?

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
I know I could use one.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hoot,

Can you afford a such a major overhall after your recent brush with nature?

BobEdited by: Son of a gun

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Well I remember seeing a prototype article a while back about future vehicles that a friend showed me. It was slated for 07, but then a rumor mill slated it for 05. For us older guys it's being called the Cheyenne(previous LS trim package for modern day comparision). Anyhow it's butt ugly so here it is

Hopefully this one will stay away from the HD's!!!!!!!!!!!
Edited by: Victory Red

·
Registered
224 Posts
Chevy dealer told me no change till 2008 on the current look.. - I actullay heard too that they, (GM), are going to change the Sub/Tahoe to look more like the trucks so parts would be more interchangable.. - That could kill the SUV market for them

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
I had to get rid of my 03 Chevy and pick up a GMC.

IMO GMC looks lots better.

Guess I'll have to stay w/ GMC for a while.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Thanks Victory Red, that fugly thing crashed my computer

It that is even close to the next generation of the GM full size truck, My days are numbered for owning Chevy`s. Looks like I`ll have to jump ship before it goes down.

By the way, it was good meeting and talking to you.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
yeah, first time i saw that pic I remember hoping that my D-max engine could be sleeved when it needs a rebuild. Anyhow, it's seldom that concepts come out looking like their first runs. IE where the hell is the new Bel Air I saw a few years ago at the auto show. That was one good looking car. Than again the SSR is coming out. Sheesh Ugly.

HDmax, enjoyed the chat as well, almost wish there was a gtg monthly. it's nice finding guys that have the same fanaticism, er I mean appreciation for a big oil burning truck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Alas, sometimes ugly concept features escape the showroom floor out into the real world, for example the Honda Element and the Toyota Scion:

I can just imagine someone traveling down the road in a Scion and hitting a skunk. Foul odor to go along with the visual stink

I agree with Red's sentiments, I hope the General's HD designers avoid the ugly trend. That said, I don't find the '03 silverado front end to be too bad but the direction the designers took is disturbing.

- Sean

·
Registered
909 Posts
Model year styles changes create style obsolescence, but I'm more of a feature buyer. There aren't alot of needed changes for the Dmax/Allison other than the fuel system design flaws. But how about some diesel options for the non-HD lineup.

For me, exposure time hasn't made the '03 Chevy any prettier. It's probably similar to modern pop music, at some time change passes beyond your interest.

Is it just me or does that new design look like a Toyota?

Edited by: Ray403Dmax

1 - 11 of 11 Posts