Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a call from Fourwheel Parts on Thursday and they told me that Fabtech is recalling their Pitman and Idler arms and refunding the MSRP on them and also replacing them with factory style Moog parts. I e-mailed fabtech with safety questions and they said to get them replaced ASAP...:eek: Any one else here about this?

·
Registered
837 Posts
I wonder if they are going to be releasing an updated set soon? My stockers are trashed and I don't want to use the same stock junk.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I talked to Moises (pronounced moses) at Fabtech and he told me they did not know when the updated versions will be out, if ever... I am in the same boat, I have 135# (37's on 20's) boat anchors at the end of the tie rods and the stock Idler/Pitman arm's lasted 18,000 miles-:t

·
Registered
318 Posts
Try the Moog idler/pitman with the Coneto braces. So far I've been real impressed.

·
Registered
479 Posts
What the heck!! Mine have been holding up just fine, but it would be a real pita to take them out to put "wimpier" parts back in. I wonder if they are gonna pay for an alignment too? I'mma have to call them up. :mad:

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Great,JustCensored Great!

·
Registered
6,013 Posts
i talked to Moises as well. According to him they will pay to have them replaced, remburse for tow, etc as well as refund what you paid for the fabtech parts. my buddy has his pitman arm break friday. mine haven't broke but i'm making an appt. to get them changed out.

·
Registered
557 Posts
So what exactly is the problem with the Fabtechs?

FWIW, I put the Cognito braces on (got them from Kennedy) on a brand new set of stockers about two years ago, and the arms are still tight. First set of stockers barely lasted 2 years, or 30K something miles.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Nick was it you who posted the picture of the broken fabtech piece? If so will you post it again?

·
Registered
2,386 Posts

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Moises told me I could keep the tie rods,get an alignment,get 490.00 returned to me,get new moog parts installed,and pay labor.At least they are making it right...

·
Vendor
9,677 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
The PITA for me is that there is no shop in my area that they have an agreement with, and my local shop wouldn't do it because they won't get paid until 30 days later. So I'm stuck doing them myself. Not such a bad thing, but I won't get paid for my time. They are going to refund me the cost of an alignment.

·
Registered
63 Posts
that's just fricken' great, thanks for the heads up, i just got my lift done..:mad: :eek:

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Apparently they have only broken while truck is stationary,I never try to turn the wheel unless the truck is moving..

1 - 20 of 43 Posts