Diesel Place banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats everyones opinion on fabtech lift kits? Im looking at buying a new six inch for cheap, I know they add 1/2" track width per side and they are a true six inch kit. Whats the down falls of this fabtech kit? Besides the fact that I hear the tech support sucks.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I have there older design that added 1.5in per side. Besides the tire biting the fender flare every now and then its an alright lift. If its the new design like you say it is you should not have an issue with tires in the fender. But I think you should look into cogniti HD tierods and there pitman and idler arm braces. Have close to 90k on the lift and no large issues.

·
Registered
61 Posts
well if your looking for a cheap lift then fabtech probably isnt the way to go... its kind of high. but IMO Fabtech and Cognito is the way to go!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I put the 6 on my truck but didn't go with the block in the rear. I had the rear springs re-arched at a local shop and added a leaf. It was not too bad to install but also replace all ball joints and added the Fabtech HD Tie Rod ends while doing the lift. Just be sure to have front end alignment after you get finished.....

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've got the 8" lift on mine. About 22k miles on it and so far no problems...other than me wanting to go higher:rolleyes:

·
Registered
41 Posts
i have a Tuff Country 6" lift on mine and havent had any problems with it and it rides nice. i am looking to take it off. it only has about 7000 miles on it if you are interested in it just let me know.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found a brand new 6 inch fabtech without shocks for $500, the only issue im worried about is the fact that I would like to run 37 inch toyo mt's. Im unsure if they will fit.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have there older design that added 1.5in per side. Besides the tire biting the fender flare every now and then its an alright lift. If its the new design like you say it is you should not have an issue with tires in the fender. But I think you should look into cogniti HD tierods and there pitman and idler arm braces. Have close to 90k on the lift and no large issues.
What do mean by, "No large issues." What issues have you had? Also do tierods and pitman idler arm braces wear out quickly on lifts? Im a little ignorant when it comes to lifts:eek::.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
What do mean by, "No large issues." What issues have you had? Also do tierods and pitman idler arm braces wear out quickly on lifts? Im a little ignorant when it comes to lifts:eek::.

I still have the stock pitman and idler arm on my truck with the cognito braces being put on at about 95k and theres about 120k on the truck now. I replaces the tierods with the cognito HD tierods at 95k and they have been working great. Only issue I have had has been keeping an alignment but that is only because I got ran into on my passanger side by a women but I think the last alignent I got fixed that issue. If I were to go with another 6" kit again I would think of fabtech again but my next liftis going to be much larger so it will either be a solid axle swap or a cognito lift to tuck 38' under.

·
Registered
713 Posts
i have the older 8" fabtech, love it

·
Registered
78 Posts
just incase anyone else wanted to know,I have the older fabtech with the 1.5 gain in track width and just spoke with Jeff at norcal trucks and had him order me the new stuff from fabtech to bring the tires back in like on teh new lifts and the cost wasnt too bad. I like the look but live on a gravel road and its just throws too much junk for me.

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you do not mind me asking what parts did you get to bring them in and a cost, the side of my truck is covered in rock chips. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
If you do not mind me asking what parts did you get to bring them in and a cost, the side of my truck is covered in rock chips. Thanks for any help.

I heard this isnt just a result of the tires being outside the well a bit, its the amount of lift you have that places the tire to close to the fender and thus your paint.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
they are called mudflaps. and chips are a way of life with our big trucks. linex-x on the rockers is your friend!

·
Registered
38 Posts
they are called mudflaps. and chips are a way of life with our big trucks. linex-x on the rockers is your friend!
Understand the way of life but the Fabtech lift pushes out the front tires to enhance the problem, and I really do not care for mudflaps.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.