Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this radio to replace my current radio, but i didnt find out til after i got it, that it was Bose setup, where as mine is not... I did install the radio, and everything works fine, but the light for the seek/scan and 1/2 preset buttons doesnt light up. 110+shipping...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
buy me...

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
offer?

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah geez guys...
<- Do it for the girl....:)

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
100?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Will it work in my 01 non Bose? My CD player is shot.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Work on my 06 non bose?

Really wish GM didnt get rid of the tape deck :(

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
yes Phil it will work. You'll have to go to the dealer and get it programmed. Once its programmed it will work fine. Do you miss listening to your Raffi tapes?? ):h

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Whats the difference in the bose vrs non bose?

And is the lighting up issue becasue his truck didnt have bose and the programing etc? Or is the radio just have some burnt bulbs?

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Whats the difference in the bose vrs non bose?

And is the lighting up issue becasue his truck didnt have bose and the programing etc? Or is the radio just have some burnt bulbs?
Nothing; its all in the radio programming. All radios (except nav units) have internal amplifiers, even the Bose radios and even the Bose LUX radios. Whatever programming the radio receives determines whether it actually utilizes that internal amp. If you program it for "UQ3/UQ5" in TIS (with a Tech 2) then it will turn on the internal amp and work in a non-Bose truck. If you program it for UQ7, it will turn off the amp and configure itself to work with a NON-Lux Bose system. If you program it for UQ7 w/ Y91, it will turn off the internal amp and configure itself to work with a LUX amp/Lux Bose system.

Its pretty smart on GM/Delco's part. They dont need 80 different models of radios...just program it for whatever application its being used in.

Phil let me know if you need TIS programming instructions to take to the dealer for that radio...

-Ben

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
So I wouldnt be getting a better radio or better sound etc......just a tape deck?

Sorry to somewhat derail your post polarbear.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I wouldnt be getting a better radio or better sound etc......just a tape deck?

Sorry to somewhat derail your post polarbear.
No problem, rather be sure its what you want before ya get it... Interested still?

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
no it would sound exactly like it does now...you'd just get a tape deck.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
buy me.....

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nothing?

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ill go 95+shipping...Prolly another 10 bucks or so...

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
bump...again

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
80 bucks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status