Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I never thought that I would need to do this but the old girl is for sale. I have been pulling FEMA trailers with it and if I am to continue past 2/1/06, I have to get a newer truck (per my contractor). So up for sale is my 1998 Chevy K2500HD, ext. cab, pewter/black, 6.5TD HO, NV4500 trans, 215K miles (see signature for additional details).

Here is a list of the goodies that it has (have all receipts):
- Kennedy A-pillar boost and pyro
- Heath FSD Isolator
- Recent AC Delco Clutch (less than 5K miles on it anyway!)
- Turbomaster adjustable wastegate (vacuum pump removed)
- Recent tires, shocks, and alignment (approximately 16K miles ago)
- New oil cooler lines (factory)
- New front brakes

The truck has always been an easy starter, runs/drives great, and gets 20MPG driving to work! All of my "mods" have been to improve MPG or reliability, not necessarily power (that's why no reflash!). I have also run Shell Rotella 5W-40 Sythetic in it since I have owned it. The trans is perfect with no whines or growls. A new clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearing/slave cylinder, and pilot bearing were installed about 5K miles ago. When I had the new clutch put in, I had the trans input shaft seal and transfer case output shaft seals changed, as well. The truck has 3.73 gears and with the 235/85R16's turns about 1700 RPM at 60 MPH. The truck is a former western truck (came from Montana) and is rust free. Included with the truck is a chrome grill guard and mounting hardware. This was removed to install the oil lines and hasn't been re-installed.

Paint is still very glossy, but does have a few scratches. The are two known imperfections in the body, a ding in the hood (where the previous owner shut the hood on the block heater cord) and a small dent in the driver's rear bedside (can't even see it without really looking).

This truck has been very reliable and economical for me. This truck starts easily, even in the recent 5deg F weather! I really have greatly enjoyed this truck and will not be happy to see it go, but I "have" to upgrade to keep pulling and do not have a need for two trucks!

I will get some photos of it tonight and post them back later today or tomorrow...

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
66 Posts
How Much are you asking for it Goldsburg? I could be interested.

Dave

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Asking $7100.

The truck is in right now getting a new idler arm installed (should be done tomorrow)...

We had significant snow fall here last night and today so the "glamour shots" of the truck will have to come this weekend. That's a shame too, because it was freshly washed and looking schweeeet!

BTW - Dave: I work in Union City, IN (at WCC). I could deliver for a full price offer (and throw in a super deep aluminum single lid cross-bed toolbox)! If you wanted, you could "inspect" the truck sometime during before work, during lunch, or even after work... Just let me know!

Attached below are some "old" pictures (from when I bought the truck). The truck looks exactly like this (maybe even better), but now has mud flaps, hood bra (instead of bug shield), and vent visors (in addition to the other goodies mentioned and in signature)...

Vehicle Pickup truck Car Automotive exterior Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Automotive tire

Wadi Rock Formation Canyon Escarpment

The last one is of me at the Grand Canyon!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I can't see the pics

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
66 Posts
WOW Goldsburg, I think this truck is exactly what I am looking for. I will check into so financing options.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have (1) very interested party and (1) second interested party. The truck will be sold as "first come, first served"!!! :exactly:

Will keep everyone posted!:ro)

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fresh pictures added for detail. The grill guard shown comes with the truck, as it was removed to replace the oil cooler lines. For a strong offer, the cross-bed toolbox shown will be included with the truck. The interior is as clean, if not more so, than the exterior. Pics of the interior to follow...

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Chevrolet Land vehicle Car Vehicle Chevrolet Bumper

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Truck Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Pickup truck

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Automotive exterior Land vehicle Vehicle Car Gauge Auto part

Tire Automotive tire Tread Automotive wheel system Rock Wall Brickwork Brick Grass Furniture

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The truck has been purchased by Countryguy828!

Thanks to all for your interest!

And everyone please welcome him to the 6.5TD forum!:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.