Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove my truck home from work lastnight just fine. Needed to go to the store about two hours later. Started my truck up, but when I did at the end of cranking the engine made one extremely loud knock, like someone hit the hood with a hammer, so then I turned it off, and one more loud knock. Started it again, the exact same thing. Drove it, acted just fine no knocking or anything. When I started it this morning no knock, drove it to work, then when I turned it off another loud knock. Has anyone else had this problem.:confused:

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
what transmission do you have? If a manual transmission, may have a flywheel going bad.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I had a similar problem. The stealer replaced my injection pump. I have a suspision tha a fule filter may have been the culprit. I am sure a pump cavitating would make almost the same noise. Just my 3 censts worth:D

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Anything loose really could make a noise. Really should get it checked out. Unfortunatly most noises cant really be figured out over the internet, unless its a common problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts