Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having this issue? I see the chrome area around the blinker/ driving light is gettin foggy..and notice some condensation........

·
Registered
159 Posts
you have small leak in your seal on the light housing. they will warranty this, I had mine both replaced, they acted like it was kind of a common thing...if you're out of warranty, you can remove the lights from the truck and on the backside you can see right were the moisture gets in. I've seen guys use some clear silicone to seal this up with good success. only advise is to make sure the inside of your light is dry b/4 you do this!

·
Registered
4,722 Posts
you have small leak in your seal on the light housing. they will warranty this, I had mine both replaced, they acted like it was kind of a common thing...if you're out of warranty, you can remove the lights from the truck and on the backside you can see right were the moisture gets in. I've seen guys use some clear silicone to seal this up with good success. only advise is to make sure the inside of your light is dry b/4 you do this!
Absolute dryness is a necessity here. I had moisture build up after installing strobes in composite lights before (just once) ):h If you try this on a humid day, you are wasting your time.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i have 50k left on the extended warranty....they gonna shoot me when i go in with the list of stuff that needs to be fixed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts