Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dose anyone else carry the PMD harness, like the local dealer, I need it sooner then later, work van down

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
I doubt you'll find one that isn't mail order, and definitely not at a dealer. Don't know about the vans, but can you mount your FSD on a heat sink and bolt it down close enough to use the exisiting harness until a longer one arrives? Other option is to make your own, taking care to make really good, soldered connections into the exisiting harness.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PMD Harness

Thanks for the help,

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
I use bare crimps, crimped and soldered, liberally coated with black RTV, then heat-shrink over that - totally engine bay proof.

Engine harness wiring is high temp insulated.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Pmd Extension Harness

I HAVE A SPARE ONE THAT I GOT FROM KENNEDY...IT'S ONLY ABOUT 6" LONG, BUT LONG ENOUGH TO GIVE YOU SOMETHING TO WORK WITH...MAKE ME AN OFFER AND I'LL OVERNITE IT TO YOU FROM GEORGIA. IT'S NEVER BEEN INSTALLED ON A TRUCK.

E-MAIL ME IF YOU STILL NEED IT....
[email protected]

·
Registered
130 Posts
I made my extension with some black wire from wal mart. soldered together and painted connections with liquid tape. the only negative is when you cut the male plug off the ip there is not a whole lot of wiring left to work with, but it can be done fairly easily. took me about an hour to do and cost about 10 dollars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts