Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK.....I'm guessing this will look janky but my problem is I keep tearing up my exhaust plowing snow. I have a tool box/headache rack in the bed so i cant have a stack come up by the front of the bed, otherwise this would be what I would do.

Anyone have a pic of a stack coming up farthur back closer to the wheel well? Guessing that will look like crap. A turn down dosnt blow my skirt up in the slightest.....drone and coating the underneath of my truck in soot dosnt sound like fun to me. Maybe those through the bed side exits. I seen a small on on a gasser and it looked kinda red neck ricer like :rolleyes: Plus sooting the side of my bed......

just tied of screwing up my exhaust constantly :mad: Guessing I'm pretty well screwed unless I want my truck to look like crap. Any ideas that I'm not thinking of??? Maybe some side pipes like an old vette :D JK.....think that would look like crap as well.....

·
Registered
266 Posts
How about moving the toolbox back 6" and putting stacks in front of it. I've seen a lot of guys on here to that.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I've got mine comming out in front of my tire. It looks pretty cool but it does turn my rear rim black.

·
Registered
357 Posts
how are u messing up ur exhuast by plowing?

·
Registered
266 Posts
He must be backing into piles? Don't do that anymore:p:

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
haha:funnypost

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Backing into snow is probably the main thing....and snow and ice like to build up all around it......on the fender, on the spare tire....

I think last time was actually driving through a drift

The headach rack and lightbar add to the clerance issue. Plus I have a big box and moving it much farther back is a no go.

I think I'm just screwed.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Put twins on it and run a stack through the hood, problem solved :D

·
Registered
563 Posts
run the stack through the corner of the tool box. You just wouldnt be able to open that side it depends on the type of tool box you have. if you have the full open lid it makes it a little easier.

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its a aluminum weather gaurd. It sits in the bed, and sits flush with the top of the bed rail. The whole lid opens.

You know as redneck as that sounds to slice a hole in my tool box and run exhaust through it.....it wouldnt look bad as you cant realy see the box. Only worry would be sealing the hole and the slip fit extension pipe(that I would need to remove to open the box) and the PITA factor of removing it every time I opened the box and probably burning my fingers ):h

·
Registered
563 Posts
I would weld or place something around the stack in the tool box so that it would not start things on fire and such. That would also keep the water out of your tool box. The stack that is on the top of the tool box would not get too hot i would think. with adequate cool down time. I wouldn't recommend a 1/4 mile pass and then grab it right away. I have seen it done when done right it looks good.

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hmmmmm

Wonder how much heat is made in the end of the exhaust?

Wooter, giving me some good ideas :) Anyone have pics???

·
Registered
563 Posts
I do not have pics i have seen it on a truck before and was going to do it my self if i put stacks on. It would also be a good way to hide the piping of the stacks. A friend of mine has a box he made to contain all the stack piping and he has no heat problems. You could cut the lid on that side and weld it shut. your tool box would only have the remainder room left over. don't know if that makes any sense.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.