Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hello everyone i just purchased a 2010 gmc duramax with 140,000 i went threw it with a fine tooth comb the highest injector balance rate was -.05 blew my mind away as they are still the original. The truck has duramaxtuner.com spade jack tuner with 5 position switch on it but everything else is stock was wanting some advice of the best exhaust not really wanting to delete the dpf and egr right now. the truck right now is getting a little over 15mpg town how much would i benefit from straight piping it but leaving the dpf on or should i wait an do the egr and dpf delete at the same time or just leave the truck alone.
thanks for any an all advise.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
If your thinking �� you’ll gain mucho mileage deleting, I’m sorry but you won’t unless your having issues, which you probably eventually will with the DPF and EGR.
Stock I was getting about 14-15 in town after deleted, pretty much open exhaust except for the stock frontpipe w cat which I put back on about 1 1/2 years ago because of the exhaust stink 12.5 city with a little highway.
A drop in mileage, no gains.

I don’t know what tuning you have with Duramax Tuner but they stopped offering delete tuning around 5-6 years ago.
But,
They do have a sister EFI company in Ca. that might help with what you’ll need if you start removing stuff.
But,
Right now you can help it breath much better if you delete that restrictive stock muffler.
That was the first thing I did with everything else still intact, noticeable on the positive side.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts