Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my new 04 sierra 2500 hd with Dmax\alli combo.

i love this truck.

i'm thinking of installing an exhaust system.

who makes a good one?

what kind of changes am i going to get?

will it harm anything?

thanks

vinEdited by: krash610

·
Registered
861 Posts
Well i have the banks system and i love it. it may spool your turbo a lil faster but it will mostly lower your EGT's which is the best and what u want. you may get a few horses but not many. and you will not harm anything but only help.

I would go with the banks system

·
Registered
511 Posts
Personally, I've used Gibson now for my last few vehicles. Mainly because they build a quality system and I like the sound quality and level.

I would think any brand that is 4" and mandrel bent would be very similar as far as perfromance or EGT improvements???

If so, then it comes down to price and sound and those are personal choices....

·
Registered
68 Posts
new to the forum but wanted to give my .02 cents. just installed the banks in the last month and love it. it took 45 min to install from the turbo back with no headaches. Edited by: wkbrd2damax

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
down pipe back

·
Registered
13 Posts
Vin:

The changes you would see would be lowered egt's enabling you to increase your hp #'s with a fueling box, quicker turbo spool up, and possibly a slight increase in mileage due to the better flow. No harm will be caused by improving the factory system. We recommend the DPPI exhaust which has three different choices of materials to satisfy all customers weather climates.

Kenny

·
Registered
303 Posts
After researching extensivlly I decided to go with the Hog Performence exhaust.And after getting it last week I can't wait to install it. I feel it is far superior to any other 4" stainlass exhaust out there. It is the only one that comes with band clamps rather that the other guy's standard exhaust clamps. A choice of the 3 different mufflers and 2 different tips. Check it out at www.hogperformance.com

Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts