Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 cummins and was wondering what would be the best choice for my exhuast system. I want to take the cat and the muffler both off and just have a straight pipe. But i dont know wether or not to just leave the cat on or its ok to take it off. Any comments would be appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
108 Posts
Without the cat and muffler the truck is LOUD. But I'll add it sounds great. You have to be committed to the sound with no females riding in your truck because they'll complain I bet. Stacks are nice too.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I agree with the straight pipe being too loud. We sell a lot of MBRP systems that can replace yours and it comes with a nice sounding muffler as well. Or you can delete the stock cat and muffler and add an aftermarket high flow muffler.

If then its still too loud we also have resonators that can be installed to bring the level down a little bit more.

It all depends on what you think loud is.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Dont be gay...go straight!:ro)

·
Registered
915 Posts
My 2005 straight piped sounded very raspy.. Not good at all.. I have 3 cummins powered trucks. The other two sound great. I installed a 21471 Walker muffler from Napa. Has a nice sound now..

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
why is my straightpiped duramax not as loud as a straightpiped cummins? don't mean to hijack this thread, just a question i've never really knew the answer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So would u go with leaving the cat on and taking the muffler off or would u take the cat off and leave the muffler on

1 - 8 of 8 Posts