Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I was to take off the muffler and the cat, it will not throw any codes... correct? I have an LBZ by the way.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
removing the cat 99% throws codes.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay thanks... if i was to get like the MBRP single exhaust system, will that throw codes? sorry im fairly new to this.. and i apologise if this was discussed prior

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Andy- Get the MBRP cat back exhaust and you will have no worries. If you go full down-pipe back you will most likely have code issues.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Duramax Andy,

Lots of trucks will throw a code with a full system change, still some don't, go figure. Take a look at our site at the MBRP and AFE cat back systems. If you go cat back you'll get 80+% of the advantage of the front pipe back systems and still keep the light off. When one of the electrical folks figures out the best method of fooling the light then you can add the front pipe at any time. Give us a call if you're confused, we'll be glad to help you.

Mark @ DPPI

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
i put mine on, drove 350 miles to LA no codes. 60 miles from home, cel until i got home. hasnt done it since. towed 7k 100 miles, no codes. go figure.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I was told with the latest software update that I probably would not see any CEL
This is what I have seen
Cat Delete = no codes
Cat Delete Muffler Delete = no codes
Cat Delete 5" MBRP = no codes
EGR unplug = Codes no CEL
PS the Dealer was shocked no codes on exhaust with new update. They said they had allways seen codes before
Hope this helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.