Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had some body work done here in michigan, and because of insurance rules, they replaced the muffler back with a 4 inch system (muffler, tail pipe, and tip), and left the front pipe stock.2 questions: 1. Will this configuration reduce EGTs? 2. If not, or if it doesn't reduce it enough, where do I find the two 4 inch front pipes (from muffler to flange, and from flange to downpipe)?The truck is a 2001 long bed extended cab, and is bone stock except for the muffler and tail pipe assembly

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
if you want to replace the front pipe and mid pipe you might give Mark Craig a call at DPPI I know he can get you a 4" front pipe and possibly that mid pipe too, but for the price you may just consider getting a complete 4" system with flow through muffler.

Oh, and no this won't cause any issues in your current config.

Good Luck

·
Registered
419 Posts
MBRP makes the front pipe with flange either in aluminized or stainless.

They also offer whats called an offroad system that is front pipe back and will eliminate the cat all together, with no option of re-installing it if you ever need to. But that a completely new system all the way.

I have this in stock and can help you either direction if you need.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the answers so far, but is anyone willing to venture a guess if EGT's will drop with muffler and tail pipe replaced with a free flow system?

·
Registered
370 Posts
MBRP makes the front pipe with flange either in aluminized or stainless.

They also offer whats called an offroad system that is front pipe back and will eliminate the cat all together, with no option of re-installing it if you ever need to. But that a completely new system all the way.

I have this in stock and can help you either direction if you need.
Just to get this straight, with the MBRP exhaust you cannot swap the cat with a pipe, and go back to the cat again?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.