Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am selling my Edge juice w/ATT monitor and i have a stock manifold. The edge juice came with an EGT monitoring device (pyro stick some might call it) and i dont know if it will hurt my engine / manifold if I just leave the stock one one there and let it go until i get a new performance one or if i should go ahead and buy a new one to put on once I take my edge chip off?

I don't Know what to do, Can someone help me?

Thanks,
Dwayne

And if i have to get a new one what should i go with? (Brand wise)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,117 Posts
Do you mean, taking the Edge pyro out and plugging the hole? This method is fine, until you get your next set of guages. As far as guages, you can't go wrong with Autometer or Isspro. Both have seved me well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AlligatorPerformance;1572894; said:
Do you mean, taking the Edge pyro out and plugging the hole? This method is fine, until you get your next set of guages. As far as guages, you can't go wrong with Autometer or Isspro. Both have seved me well.
Yes, that is exactly what I mean.
How do you plug the hole? What do you use? Can I do it myself? And if i was going to go with an Aftermarket Manifold what would be your choice?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,508 Posts
Chances are it's a 1/8th inch pipe thread. Buy a 1/8 inch pipe plug, coat it with never seize and stick it in. Will be A/OK untill you buy a new pyro gauge.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
06bowtie_guy;1572951; said:
Chances are it's a 1/8th inch pipe thread. Buy a 1/8 inch pipe plug, coat it with never seize and stick it in. Will be A/OK untill you buy a new pyro gauge.

10-4 06bowtie_guy!!! Thans for the info.

What kind of aftermaket manifold should I go with if I chose to get one in the future???

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,653 Posts
BD is the only one as of now offering an aftermarket manifold........it replaces the drivers side and not the passenger.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DURATYS;1572964; said:
BD is the only one as of now offering an aftermarket manifold........it replaces the drivers side and not the passenger.
Thanks i was told they were the only ones offering a minifold but wasnt sure. Is this Mod worth it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,756 Posts
To me, I think its worth it. I didnt want to tap and drill the passenger side for my pyro probe. Also, if you look at the OEM and BD side by side, the flow its restricted. Do you feel it......no. Its one of those mods you dont feel but its got to be good for the engine. Just my opinion from what I have learned here. Its really up to you since they do cost some but well worth it to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bodysurfer;1572979; said:
To me, I think its worth it. I didnt want to tap and drill the passenger side for my pyro probe. Also, if you look at the OEM and BD side by side, the flow its restricted. Do you feel it......no. Its one of those mods you dont feel but its got to be good for the engine. Just my opinion from what I have learned here. Its really up to you since they do cost some but well worth it to me.

Thanks Bodysurfer!! Really appreciate it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
609 Posts
Don't over tighten the pipe plug, it might crack the manifold.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OmyLLwhy;1574220; said:
Don't over tighten the pipe plug, it might crack the manifold.

Should i only tighten it finger tight?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
609 Posts
dewey_20;1575049; said:
Should i only tighten it finger tight?


I would make sure it's snug with a wrench, just don't get carried away. Some of the members here have had their manifolds crack but I'm not sure why. I'm with Bodysurfer on this one. I'll install the manifold just so I can have a pyro gauge.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hear that.

Thanks,
Dwayune
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top