Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a little rattle show up on shut down recently so I went looking today. It is the exhaust pipe just barely touching the hanger that hangs off the tranny. There is two holes in that hanger and I am using the one closest to the tranny. It would solve my problem if I used the outer hole but I cannot get it in that hole without reconfiguring/loosening the whole exhaust and front pipe. Is that even the hole I should be using or not?

·
Premium Member
4,986 Posts
mattydmax;1570167; said:
Had a little rattle show up on shut down recently so I went looking today. It is the exhaust pipe just barely touching the hanger that hangs off the tranny. There is two holes in that hanger and I am using the one closest to the tranny. It would solve my problem if I used the outer hole but I cannot get it in that hole without reconfiguring/loosening the whole exhaust and front pipe. Is that even the hole I should be using or not?
You can use whichever one works for ya! take the bolt out of the bracket reposition the put bolts back in. I had to do this already.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Also when you readjust, loosen the v-band clamp on front pipe, just enough to alow some movement, and place spacer on trans. x-member about an inch orso. After you adjust hanger tighten up v-band and remove spacer. Doing this will alow your sys. to ride there normally and not be bound up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.