Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one have to have the EB replaced due to it sticking shut my service dealerin Central New York has had a never ending replacement on some trucks 5 EB's so far, mine went at 28,000 miles. They say it poor or cheaply made no bearing on shaft just steel to steel . Mine was done this last tuesday new on is finished in black instead of raw steel finish as was the factroy one.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Never replaced, but I do lube with cilicone grease (spray) as part of routine service. It has stuck open a few times, when going over salted roads, and a good whack with a crescent shuts it, then I lube some more.

RF

·
Registered
32 Posts
Did you lose RPM's when the exhust brake failed? Could you post what happenes when the e/brake fails? Thanks in advance, Lou

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My eb failed in use when it started it slowed the truck to 10 mph and never turned off had to drive with eb on to the nearest parking lot. Call my repir dealer GMC Med Truck Dealer told them what happened and told my how to open the eb and unplug it and drove to them they had four eb's in stock along with eight old ons waiting for return to GM. It was the next get approval from GM as truck 2mounths over the 24 mounths. Know have to replace the trasn cooler I have to pay this one,$248.00 plus labor and 9.5% tax, it to is a design fault as fluid lines are alum cooler is alum with steel plate riveted as a point of attachment. One more reason all three are losing the battle to overseas trucks penny wise dollar folish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts