Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 with a Duramax. Last week I noticed the oil presuure running lower than usual. After it warmed up it ran between 20-40. When I came to a stop light it would even drop to 18 or 19. I then noticed oil under the truck on Friday when I was leaving work. I came home and checked to see if I leaked oil the night before in my drive way and nothing. I then looked under the truck and noticed oil dripping from the frame like is was blowing out. It does not leak setting still just after the engine is running. The dealership can not look at until Monday. I am not running it in fear I could do more damage. I change oil regually with Shell Rotella T oil. It has 91K miles and will still be covered under the 100K mile duramax warranty. I was just wondering what this could be and if anyone else has had this problem? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
241 Posts
the oil pressure issue sounds normal for the LB7, mine does the same thing - up/down with the throttle when shifting, but the oil leak sounds bad, i wouldnt think you couldnt drive it as long as u check the oil daily or so. I think the oil warning system would tell you somthing if you loose all your oil.......

·
Registered
35 Posts
sounds like you might have an injector issue which is creating the blow by oil leak. you could check to see on the lower right side of the block is where the pcv tube drains if the oil is leaking there

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
You will soon be the proud owner of a new set of injectors.
Fuel is being dumped into the crank case. Check your oil level. It's full of fuel.
Lots of us have been there done that. You should have your truck back in a couple of days.

Here is a link to the TSB incase the dealer gives you any trouble

http://dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35152

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The main problem I thought of was an oil fire from the oil spraying back on the exhaust. Maybe I am just being too careful, but I do have 2 little boys who love riding in daddy's truck. So I figured I would park it for that reason until I get it fixed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I checked the oil the oil is full and that explains why. I thought the unique smell was the Rotella T oil, but it sounds like it was both the oil and the fuel. The oil is coming out of the blow by tube.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You guys know your stuff. Just got my truck back and it was the injectors. Runs like a champ now. I know where to come for information and advice on my truck. Thanks again.

·
Registered
502 Posts
01 and 02s run higher oil psi than the 03+ LB7s do. Why I don't know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts