Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's the tranny hold up with the Transgo and EVO set on #3. I switched it to level three today and Wow it's got really nice power. Will the torque converter handle a few rough encounters or should I stop playing Joe dragracer and put it back to #2. I hit the throttle to probably half way down at about 20 mph and it felt like it boiled the tires but when I drove by later in the day I didn't see any marks on the road. It sure didn't feel like it ran thru the converter but who know?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I run the same level and have had no problems. I have been told with the transgo you are good to 100 extra hp and some say 450 rwhp. The converter is good to about 380 rwhp but with the transgo it is 450 rwhp.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Tree Guy

Maybe I've misread your post but the Transgo Jr. does nothing to improve the converter holding power. The stock converter is pretty much done at 400 with or without the Transgo Jr.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I run this set-up on the 300hp tune. We beat on this truck alot have never limped the trany. Just run it. Some trany's maybe better that others.IMO.

·
Registered
47 Posts
http://dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144545

Diesel tech, so based on a 400 hp dyno the trans is likely to limp due to the stock converter? my numbers are from other threads i have read. The one I am refering to is "TRANGO JR. SHIFT KIT" above. You had stated that 450 RWHP would be fine if driven the way the author had stated. It seems people have diffrent opinions on the trans go and the stock transmissions. I run a 60 hp tune not knowing what the stock allison will hold as a daily driver.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts