Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Hot code for the truck a few days ago and tried it out on my stock tranny, I know its dumb but did it a lil anyways. Well just something cool I found out is that I ran it pretty easy with a few times getting on it in level 6 and had it in tow mode the whole time, I did this for a couple days and I think my tranny was starting to learn to deal with that kind of power a little better and I put it back down to level 4 and it sems like it is holding the power great. Im just wondering if its possible for the tranny to adapt to holding that much power stock or not? I have never had any limp mode or anything, I have felt like it slipped a couple times in the past trying to run level 4 right as soon as I got the evo. I dont know if I just have a tranny thats been holding up like a champ or if letting it learn to hold level 6 is letting it hold level 4 really well now. Sorry its so long, I kinda ramble. thanks

·
Registered
781 Posts
Sooner or later it's gonna let go but it all depends on how hard you are to it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
It will adapt and hold better, but the life of it is definitely greatly shortened running on that tune. I had the same exact attitude as you, never even once limped mine, til BAM, it just went. 3 seconds before it let go, it seemed perfect. I would do a Transgo Jr for sure, that will buy you a LOT of time, might even hold up just fine on that tune, as it is not a huge amount of power like the PPE on upper levels or a wild EFI tune.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.