Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I jumped on my 05 w/ juice tonight and when it went to shift into 5th gear it fell right on its face. Didnt sound too good, and had a hell of a time getting off the line from a stop. When i went to back out of my buddies driveway, it wouldnt go into reverse. The shift lever felt way too soft and the light under the R was flashing. It would not back up. I shut the truck off for about a minute, and then when i started back up it ran fine. Check engine light was still on, so I took it to a shop and they put a code reader on, and it gave me DO735 (5th gear fault). After 3 starts the check engine light cleared itself, and the truck seems to run fine now. I have not gotten after it again, in fear, but is this something I should take to the dealer to have looked at? I dont want to blow up the tranny, but warantee is still good (only 8000mi). What should I do?

·
Registered
459 Posts
That code is for incorrect 5th gear ratio. Cause is slippage in the trans and converter. What you did was limp the trans. What level of Juice were you running when it happened? Be easy on it, or upgrade trans.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Do search for "I limped it"

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
limpity limp!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it was on level 4. so did i do some sort of damage to my trans? Do I need to have it looked at? Thanks guys

·
Registered
34 Posts
The two that I have seen do this were hurt. The first burned up the 4-5 clutch, the second burned up the 3-5-R clutch. New clutch packs, a Transgo shift kit, and Suncoast hot rod valve has seemed to keep the owners, and transmissions, happy for now.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
The two that I have seen do this were hurt. The first burned up the 4-5 clutch, the second burned up the 3-5-R clutch. New clutch packs, a Transgo shift kit, and Suncoast hot rod valve has seemed to keep the owners, and transmissions, happy for now.
Suncoast hot rod valve:confused:

The truck if you want to continue running the Edge above level 3 will need the trans addressed. I recommend doing some searching. You can get by with new clutches to replace the burnt ones and a Transgo kit along with an upgraded torque converter. But while you are going to all that trouble you might as well spend a couple extra $$ and get a SCIII or ATS equivalent. Just my .02.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Booster valve controls main pressure mostly important is after knock down after converter locks in OD.

Actually the reason he defaulted insignificant holding pressure

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Your trans is fine just back the Juice down some. You burnt a few clutches but the Alli is fine and will hold stock power for a long time. But until you upgrade the tranny keep the edge at 2 or less.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts