Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock '03 3500 duallie. Since it's just about out of its warranty at 97K miles I'm thinking about Edge Juice w/ Attitude or Banks stuff. I know about cost of Edge vs. Banks marketing and have been reading all the posts.

Here's my question? For the folks who have followed Banks instructions (not stacked with something else), have you ever had issues with codes or tranny limp?

Another reason for this post is that I need 15 more to be able to ask questions in the classifieds!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I think you can ask questions in the classifieds, you just can't sell anything until you reach the 20 post mark... as far as banks vs. edge, i don't know. Most guys will tell you go with Edge.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
I have ran the Banks setup. I limped my tranny with it. If your not going to do any tranny upgrades leave the speedloader alone.....you wont be able to run it in those levels without doing harm anyway.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I have a 6-gun with the speed loader,your tranny will limp in high gear with this setup. I just click the dial down to level 5 just before shifting into high gear. The 6-gun alone has plenty of power and is easy to install.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was hoping that the Banks deal wouldn't hurt the tranny (or be smart enough to back off before it did). Dang, it'd be nice to be able to assertively pass somebody not having to go to WOT and hope without having to spend $4-$5K in tranny upgrades. Isn't that about what it takes to upgrade?

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
I was hoping that the Banks deal wouldn't hurt the tranny (or be smart enough to back off before it did). Dang, it'd be nice to be able to assertively pass somebody not having to go to WOT and hope without having to spend $4-$5K in tranny upgrades. Isn't that about what it takes to upgrade?

If you havent limped the tranny yet i would think it shouldnt cost you that much. Give Mike L a PM and he will give you his oppinion on what to do with your tranny. I do believe dmaxallitech was going to have some interesting things comming out from his shop as well. You could also get in touch with him. A middle of the road tranny upgrade will hold alot more than what the Banks has to offer so there will be room to grow if you so desire.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
50K+ miles on the Banks unit and no problems. My days are numbered though, as my intuition is telling me it's time for the Mike L. Frankenstein Tranny. I only drive around in level 3, but it does see level 6 on occasion.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Is there really almost no smoke like they advertise? thats what kept me from even thinking about banks:D , and does it really not stack good with anything, i kinda like that pda thing but they just dont offer enough power.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Is making someone turn on the headlights during the day enough smoke?):h
If that's what you're loking for, I may have been able to do that to some with my 6-Gun.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Is there really almost no smoke like they advertise? thats what kept me from even thinking about banks:D , and does it really not stack good with anything, i kinda like that pda thing but they just dont offer enough power.
I got on it on 3 and noticed a mild dusting but definitly not pitch black.

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
I'm running the Banks kit now for over a year and no issues, but mine is the early model OTTO Mind & BigHead Waste Gate and is a 70hp tune only...no adjustability. I only wanted some extra grunt when towing my 5ver, and this is just about right.
JP

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yeah I got a motha f*#$ing problem with Banks. I bought the Six-Gun Bundle and it's suppose to come with SS Exhaust instead they sent me the aluminized sooo I contacted them, sent them pics multiple times for about 6 weeks now and those Censored Censored Censored won't return my phone calls or e-mails.

I love being treated like a lowlife POS, sometimes it's all that gets me thru the day HA,HA,HA.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I got on it on 3 and noticed a mild dusting but definitly not pitch black.
Put it on level 6, drive about a 1/2 mile and come to a stop, add a LITTLE bit of power braking and then floor it. I think you'll see a little bit more than a dusting.):h

May also depend on what version you're running. Version 2 is a much better smoker.:eek:

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Yeah I got a motha f*#$ing problem with Banks. I bought the Six-Gun Bundle and it's suppose to come with SS Exhaust instead they sent me the aluminized sooo I contacted them, sent them pics multiple times for about 6 weeks now and those Censored Censored Censored won't return my phone calls or e-mails.

I love being treated like a lowlife POS, sometimes it's all that gets me thru the day HA,HA,HA.
As far as I know, Banks doesn't sell anything other than T-409 stainless steel exhaust systems.

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
As far as I know, Banks doesn't sell anything other than T-409 stainless steel exhaust systems.
Yeah, a quick trip to GaleBanksEngineering.com says nothing but stainless exhausts, unless you are saying that they are selling aluminized pipe and calling it stainless....is that what you are saying? I think it would be foolish for Banks to do this especially since they state on the web site that there is a lifetime guarantee on the exhaust. Seems like they would be risking a lot of court battles.
JP

·
Registered
1,094 Posts

Can you post a pic or two here of the exhaust?

·
Registered
213 Posts
I would post pics but I can't figure out how to get a BE picture to download it says invalid image, anyway I talked to Banks tech support and they said they have both SS and Alluminized, it even says it on Bankspower.com under the products section (sub-section warrenties) that they have alluminized but the 6 Gun Bundle is supposed to come with SS.

For about the last two months I noticed some surface rust appearing so I tried to scrub it off with a heavy duty scrubber and it won't come off, the head pipe is solid rust. They had great customer service when I was buying thier product but now that a warrenty issue has come up they won't return calls or e-mails for the last month or so.
:rant:

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
no problems with the banks, but i don't have the exhaust as you can see in my sig. stainless will rust though. even high grade. it just depends on your environment. imperfections in the alloy will rust, not usually all the way around though just some spots here and there. I am in so cal, and we don't have salted roads in the winter and i have some rust on my mbrp ss system. good luck with banks hellboy, they have been pretty good answering my questions.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
i have had to send my 6gun in twice now, it keeps throwing codes and they made me pay the freight both times. (pissed me off!!!!)

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
50K+ miles on the Banks unit and no problems. My days are numbered though, as my intuition is telling me it's time for the Mike L. Frankenstein Tranny. I only drive around in level 3, but it does see level 6 on occasion.
I used to drive around in 3, now I have it in 4 most of the time.

Um....I can lay down a pretty good cloud at WOT no powerbraking either....

Is making someone turn on the headlights during the day enough smoke?):h
If that's what you're loking for, I may have been able to do that to some with my 6-Gun.
:iamwithst :exactly:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts