Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can it be done? I cant find anyone that makes a kit. whats the difference in the front ends? If anyone has done it I'd like to see some pics

·
Registered
156 Posts
Saw a 2500 with an Escalade front end in Vegas. Dunno if it was a bolt-on or custom job, but it looked surprisingly good on a pickup (plus you get the xenon HID lights)

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Im sure it can be done...its all the GMT-800 platform so parts are most likely interchangeable. You'll probbaly need to make some custom mounts or parts because the HD's have a 2" body lift...

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
It can.... heres my buddies truck with a new clip on it.

·
Registered
308 Posts
What year is that truck?

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
that looks good except for the two different colors

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
IIRC from a previous article I read about this swap, wasn't there a piece of fender just behind the tire that you had to fabricate?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Has anybody seen the conversion on a '03+. Or are the trucks the same under the skin.

Is replacing the whole clip the only way to get the Escalade lights to fit properly?

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
That truck looks pretty good. Ive thought about just swapping the grill, and headlights, maybe the hood. They all looked close to ours. The fenders looked a little different.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
In order to fit any Escalade parts on the front of a 2001-2006 Dmax you'll have to swap on an ENTIRE front clip. Fenders, hood, grille, headlights, bumper...

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
In order to fit any Escalade parts on the front of a 2001-2006 Dmax you'll have to swap on an ENTIRE front clip. Fenders, hood, grille, headlights, bumper...

uummm thats no good. owell just a thought

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I have always thought a 04 chevy might look good with just the Escalade headlights some how added to the stock truck, but i have never seen it so it might just look dumb but always thought it might look cool.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I have always thought a 04 chevy might look good with just the Escalade headlights some how added to the stock truck, but i have never seen it so it might just look dumb but always thought it might look cool.
That was in my mind, too. I figured that if I removed my headlights and cut my grill I could somehow fab. the Escalade headlights into my truck. Oh well.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I think the Escalade lights don't have enough of an angle to fit our body style correctly. There might be other reasons as well but thats the most obvious thing I see.

Thanks Duratothemax for the info.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I think that looks sweet and you wont see another one around every corner.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Do you have pics during the install?

Can you detail what it took to do the swap.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts