Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haynes book says cylinder balance problem. Just before I left town on vacation a week ago, I finish putting the motor back together after replacing the head gaskets. I must have done something wrong because the engine runs rough and it kind of rattles the truck and the check engine light came on. Any idea what could be wrong now?

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Check to see if you have all of your injector lines tight...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually I did see a leak on the left Side. I removed them all so I could have access to the heads without bending them. I even had to partial remove the IP to get to the bottom line. I will retighten the lines but if I removed the intake manifold, do I need a new gasket for it? It’s new and only been used for one hour.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do not know which one is number 7. :(

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I do not know which one is number 7. :(

8 7
6 5
4 3
2 1
(Front of engine)
(Top view)

should be a picture in that Hanes manual of yours

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought there would be a picture in the Hanes book but it is not there and it is not in the index so I may have not found it yet. Thanks, I will check the lines tomorrow after work.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, there is tons of leaks around the IP. I guess I will have to pull the intake manifold to tighten up those lines.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What is the IP firing order? I now know the cyclinder firing order but not the IP.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Key word is "plug" ain't talkin' 'bout no glow plugs either. DieselPro sells crome plated muffler bearings, piston return springs, and waterfront realty too.

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
It's the same, just start at about 10' oclock for #1 then 8 at 11 oclock ect, just follow the firing order.

·
Registered
7,380 Posts
That central or daylight savings time? Been trying to find some titanium muffler bearings but all I can find are the ball bearing type. Those rattle to much. Need the roller type cus everybody knows roller motors make more power.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Key word is "plug" ain't talkin' 'bout no glow plugs either. DieselPro sells crome plated muffler bearings, piston return springs, and waterfront realty too.
What are you talking about?

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts