Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped for fuel with about 1/4 tank still in the truck and when I tried to start it after fueling- nothing! not even a little cranking. The dash lights all went out and there was a click in the dash and then silence. I pulled out my Predator and checked my computer- no codes.
I looked under the hood, the fuse for the starter looked good and all wires were in good condition and tight.
I called for a tow and while I was waiting I tried it one more time and it cranked like nothing ever happened!!
Anyone have any idea what could cause something like that? I have never had any problems with this truck and I've got over 40k miles on it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
i had this happen once and it ended up to be just the batery posts, they were a little dirty and it caused my to get no power what soever, couple mins later the truck fires up with no problems, i clean the post usually once a year and it never happened again, all it needs is a little film on the posts to mess it up, but just a sugestion! hope ya have some luck!

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
i had this happen once and it ended up to be just the batery posts, they were a little dirty and it caused my to get no power what soever, couple mins later the truck fires up with no problems, i clean the post usually once a year and it never happened again, all it needs is a little film on the posts to mess it up, but just a sugestion! hope ya have some luck!

What he said, Mine did this in October and had dirty posts as well. I ended up replacing both batteries and cleaning the terminals with a wire brush.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Well with the gm side posts they have that rubber boot on the end of them.. To make a long story short the edge that pushes up to the battery also is suppose to seal the water and junk out and usually its just the terminal not tight enough to crush that rubber and make a good connection on the terminal.. Normally we cut the rubber boot off and just spray it with a battery protector.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts