Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I am brand new to this site. I just bought an 03 Duramax 2500 HD 4X4 last saturday. I am absolutly impressed with this truck. Basically I dont know if this is the nature of these trucks or if there is something wrong but while the truck is idling "IN PARK ONLY" there is a vibration that fluctuates in 5 or 6 second intervals. You don't feel it then about 5 seconds you do, then it goes away, then it comes back. Its clear as day if you set a drink on the consol or dash and watch the vibration through there. Could this just be the harmonics of the engine? The truck only has 900 miles on it. Thought I might wait a couple thousand miles to see if anything changes.

Has any one come across this at all?

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
My did that too when it was spankin new. Buy some diesel additive like primrose 405 from avlube. It made mine quiet and idle real smooooth. It makes a huge difference. Get the nictane filter kit to save those injectors.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Problem child thanks for the response. Being extremely new to the Duramax World I am going to have to figure out what that additive is that you are talking about and the filter that saves the injectors. All this help is much appreciated.

This is a little off topic, hope you all won't throw me out of this forum for talking about dodge but my father had a 93 Cummins and the welds on the firewall broke and the truck vibrated like my duramax does. Not to that extreme but the nature of the vibration is the same but mine is way toned down. Just had a fright that I am heading down that same road. Unlikely but unsure. Needless to say my father fought dodge and they got him into a 95 cummins. No problems(smokes like hell but still going)

Thanks again Problemchild

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Its just real tight and breakin in. Go to avlube.com and order the primrose fuel additive for summer(405) winter(409). Its what I run and it keeps the injectors from rusting. It keeps water out of everything. Its what the military uses so it cant be bad. In fact it was developed for the military.

The nictane filter keeps the fuel clean. The bosh high pressure (30,000 psi) requires clean fuel. If dirt gets to the injectors (as the stock filter allows) it sand blasts the tips and makes them leak (at 800.00 each installed). You want to get that nictane (catapiller) filter on right away.

http://nicktane.com/
www.avlube.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts