Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eric, I changed all my fluids about a week ago. Two days ago I had a small oil puddle under the truck. I looked and cant see any leaks. Drove the next day no leaks. The day after that the same deal a very small oil spot in the drive. I saw a small spot on the oil filter so I loosened it up and then re tightened it. I took the Max for a long ride and I noticed that my engine temp steadily rises up to about 210 then falls back to 185, then back up and down so on. I Had thought before the temp was hitting around 200 and staying fixed. I had a thermostat go bad on my last Duramax and I noticed it because the upper radiator hose was as flat as a pancake in the morning. Do you think theese two might be related and is the temp riseing and falling "normal" ? Dave

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eric, No collapsing of the hose on this one.When I turn the key but dont start you can hear what sounds like a fan kick on. the heater fan also is working. Not sure which you meant. I took it for a long drive today. For a long time the temp rose and fell 180-210. Then it seemed to settle around 190 and pretty much stay between 185-95 but it did still rise and fall a few more times. Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts