Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week when coming to a stop at a traffic light, I thought my brakes were starting to grab. I have a 2004.5 LLY, all stock, with 65000 miles. With 65000 miles, i figured the original brakes were due a change, and that was what was causing the "surge".

This afternoon while at a red light, I noticed the surging when i let off of the brakes, and the tach was jumping from around 600rpms to 700 rpms. Does anyone have this "problem", and if so, is it really a problem?? I would like to get it fixed if it is, so that add a tuner.

Thanks

·
Registered
668 Posts
My truck is in the shop for something like this(see my thread poor idle) in "ask the techs" section. They are waiting on parts for my diff, and should address this issue tomorrow. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
668 Posts
fuel pump
Your a cruel one,sledder22:lol: . Dealer just called, truck is ready. An update solved the problem! I'll test today and let you know! 197,000 mi on my fuel pump and it still lives!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I am amazed of the number of folks that are still commenting on this situation. It's a little "hoppy feeling" as you are just barely moving (creeping) with the brakes slightly applied at idle. I have driven a bunch of these Duramax trucks in my career and they all do it. Don't try to fix it. Drive another to compare and let it go!!! After reading a few of these threads, I'm wondering if some people are confusing this "creep/hop" to the "surging" which is present at 1100-1400 RPM. I'm also amazed at the number of guys that think that it is a trans or brake problem. It a natural rolling-type power pulses from the engine under the conditions mentioned above. Completely normal.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Completely normal? Why did my truck wait till 197,000 mi. to become NORMAL ? POO- YIE! :confused: Anywho the updates DID NOT solve the problem! (no codes) Gonna require some diagnostic time! Any takers? I could be in western Michigan in a week or so, HINT HINT!

·
Banned
6,540 Posts
I am amazed of the number of folks that are still commenting on this ...I have driven a bunch of these Duramax trucks in my career and they all do it. Don't try to fix it. ...It a natural rolling-type power pulses from the engine under the conditions mentioned above. Completely normal.
Who selected your member name?

·
Registered
668 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Killerbee,
I picked it.........Who picked yours? And what does it have to do with the subject? Weird.

Sorry, I guess I wasn't describing your condition. Guess I was responding to the originator of this thread, onesilvertruck and also making some general comments regarding the subject.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have the same problem with brake surging. Been have it since new and i now have 10,500 mi. A fix would sure be nice!!!!

I also had the surge at 1100 rpm, got the update and it's fixed now! :)

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I went to dealer and had the latest reflash for fuel knock and surge and it fixed my surge when coming up to a stop light.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem on my 2004.5 LLY, I think it was the fuel pressure regulator but I can't remember exactly what the part was. The dealer had it for couple days to figure out the exact issue. Luckily I am still under warranty on it.

·
Registered
668 Posts
1957 said:
No worries! I've got a severe problem and one of those dealers that doesn't like to work on diesels! There's loud tick coming out of the #1 cylinder after it cuts out sometimes, I'm afraid to drive it (broken injector tip?)and no one wants to work on it! What's a monger to do?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Killerbee,
I picked it.........Who picked yours? And what does it have to do with the subject? Weird.

KB,

Wondering why your not responding to my question? You show to be online.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts