Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help, I have a 2005 and the engine surges real bad at idle and make a wineing noise and I am also getting 11mpg, truck has 50,000 miles on her.
Any suggestions.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Help, I have a 2005 and the engine surges real bad at idle and make a wineing noise and I am also getting 11mpg, truck has 50,000 miles on her.
Any suggestions.
USE THE SEARCH BUTTON AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE.....

Seriously, look around a bit, this has been covered almost daily. Go to your dealer and see if you can get the latest ECM update.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
How long has this been going on? Also complete a sig with details of your truck and mods will help. Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took truck to the dealar and they said it was the egr valve messing up but wouldnt warrenty it because of a oversized air intake and no cat convertor.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Took truck to the dealar and they said it was the egr valve messing up but wouldnt warrenty it because of a oversized air intake and no cat convertor.
Heck, if they won't warranty it because of your mods....get rid of it...or find another dealer! You could easily block the egr and cure all of your problems. Do a search for egr block and finger stick...lots of good reading there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts