Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an 02 Duramax with an 8" lift on 37's, 3.73 gears, no rebuild on tranny, new injectors that were put in two months ago and a new Edge Attitude that i had sent back to be redone since it kept shutting the truck off and the truck has 94,000 on it. I put the lift on at 85,000 so its pretty much brand new but my problem is that when i put the truck on stage 5 sometime when i stand on it it will take off and at about 2200 rpm in second gear it will studder and backfire and cut out but only every once and a while. Could it be the edge? or something else? I have a K&N filter in the truck, not the whole intake, and a Silverline exhaust that is a 4" down pipe to a 5" muffler w/ a 6" tip right after it. Im new to this forum and you guys seem to know alot. Any help is appriciated and if you need more info just ask

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Could be the edge cutting back the power trying to save your tranny. try to unplug the edge and see if it changes anything it was doing. When is the last time (in miles) that your fuel filter was changed? Also, when was the last time you changed your spin-on filter on the allison?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
My truck stalled 3 times yesterday. 2 days before I came to a traffic light and it had a major miss (at idle). I was running on level 1. When I switched to 0 it went away. My unit build date is 1/19/07. I called edge and told them. They are sending me a new harness and Juice module. I hope they get this $#!T fixed soon.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ob_1jr;1592910; said:
Could be the edge cutting back the power trying to save your tranny. try to unplug the edge and see if it changes anything it was doing. When is the last time (in miles) that your fuel filter was changed? Also, when was the last time you changed your spin-on filter on the allison?
It only does it sometimes on level 5. The fuel filter was changed 3,000 miles ago with all new injectors. The tranny was just fully flushed with new filters put in 8,000 miles ago. I run the truck on level one all the time and put it on five when i got a ricer next to me thinkin he is fast lol but other than that its really only ran on stage one or two when i tow with it. I had bought the chip the first year they came out for the truck but it kept screwin up so i sent it back about a year and a half ago to get fixed and has been great ever since till it started doin this about a month ago. Its really a hit or miss thing, i cant ever get it to replicate it when i want it to.

·
Registered
32 Posts
mvnvltn;1592962; said:
My truck stalled 3 times yesterday. 2 days before I came to a traffic light and it had a major miss (at idle). I was running on level 1. When I switched to 0 it went away. My unit build date is 1/19/07. I called edge and told them. They are sending me a new harness and Juice module. I hope they get this $#!T fixed soon.

The same for me, i installed the edge a week ago and mine has stalled out about a half-dozen times, this morning it stalled and could have caused a big wreck-good thing nothing was coming.:eek: But I called edge and they are sendin me a new one as well, seems like great customer service.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well see mine doesnt stall out. it just acts like it is hittin a rev limiter when i say its studders or cuts out

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
tsprairie700;1594946; said:
The same for me, i installed the edge a week ago and mine has stalled out about a half-dozen times, this morning it stalled and could have caused a big wreck-good thing nothing was coming.:eek: But I called edge and they are sendin me a new one as well, seems like great customer service.
What was the version? 5.2?

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
NoWake200;1595348; said:
I hope it's not the 5.2v. My 5.2v juice and 1.85v attitude have worked flawless since I've got them back. I definatley don't want to go through the edge problems again.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Chevy1925;1594248; said:
It only does it sometimes on level 5. The fuel filter was changed 3,000 miles ago with all new injectors. The tranny was just fully flushed with new filters put in 8,000 miles ago. I run the truck on level one all the time and put it on five when i got a ricer next to me thinkin he is fast lol but other than that its really only ran on stage one or two when i tow with it. I had bought the chip the first year they came out for the truck but it kept screwin up so i sent it back about a year and a half ago to get fixed and has been great ever since till it started doin this about a month ago. Its really a hit or miss thing, i cant ever get it to replicate it when i want it to.
Mine too!!

New module and harness have arrived!!!! WOW that was fast!!!!
I'll keep you guys posted. The buid date on this one is 2/8/07.

·
Registered
32 Posts
NoWake200;1595348; said:
It was a 4.2 and yesterday I recieved from them a 5.2. The trucks seems to running fine but haven't had it out much to see if everything's fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts