Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it me or is lbz slugise or hesitating on the down shift at 55 mph under load with a trailer [like pulling out to pass an other vech]yes it has power after down shifting, just seems to take 1-2 seconds,, my 02 just kicked down and went

·
Registered
298 Posts
remember you got a six speed now??

·
Registered
369 Posts
mine has the same problem. i found that if you ease into the gas it responds better than if you just plant the pedal. I'm planning on asking the tech about it when i get it back to the dealer. but others are experiencing the same. it seems like the tranny is searching for the correct gear to be in and defuels the motor in the process

·
Registered
294 Posts
I could be wrong, but i think it is to keep from tearing the guts out of the tranny. it defuels to relieve some of the hit when it down shifts.

·
Registered
369 Posts
:exactly:
I could be wrong, but i think it is to keep from tearing the guts out of the tranny. it defuels to relieve some of the hit when it down shifts.
i agree gm has change a lot in the alli for the LBZ and this is probly how they get it to hold more tg and hp with out making costly changes to the inside

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yep, mine is the same, totally falls on it's face when you floor it to pass. If you bring up the boost a bit, then floor it, it's fine. I think it's a programming glitch.

·
Registered
892 Posts
This issue came up on the transmission board. There's a couple of things going on. Assuming that you guys are going to WOT at 55MPH the trans is likely doing a 5-3 downshift. When this happens the engine needs a couple of seconds to spool up the turbo to make power. Until it does you're just going to sit there.

·
Registered
369 Posts
This issue came up on the transmission board. There's a couple of things going on. Assuming that you guys are going to WOT at 55MPH the trans is likely doing a 5-3 downshift. When this happens the engine needs a couple of seconds to spool up the turbo to make power. Until it does you're just going to sit there.
if the engine doesn't produce any more rpm how is the turbo spooling up?

I assume it can be done with the variable pitch geometry in the turbo.

is the motor changing turbo pitch to produce more boost?

if this is the case we may have been better off with a wastegate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts